8 months ago
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
QinetiQ are seeking to appoint a Project Manager to support the delivery of projects within our Intelligence Solutions business
Supporting the business in managing projects for the benefit of QinetiQ and multiple client groups, you will be leading projects with UK central Government, blue chip commercial clients, MoD entities and overseas customers. Operating in a matrix organisation, you will influence the business, clients and internal teams at all levels to increase business effectiveness.
This is a key role in the winning and delivery of contracted outputs to our customers which requires a project manager with a ‘can do’ attitude to bidding, delivery and stakeholder management, combined with the ability to meet challenging deadlines, whilst remaining balanced under pressure. Some of our projects are heavily engineering biased and include significant proportions of systems engineering, software and firmware development, test and integration, as well as juggling pan-QQ resources, international sub-contractors and customers.
• Development and maintenance of positive engagement with project customers, partners and suppliers.
• Delivery of the project outputs, to agreed baseline (customer satisfaction, time, cost, quality, cash and sales).
• Ensuring project members operate in line with the Operating Framework & functional competency management requirements; and have appropriate personal objectives recorded in the QinetiQ performance management system.
• Resolving conflicts (including prioritisation calls) within the project and collaborating across QinetiQ.
• Maintenance of forecasts (both financial and resource demand signal) for sales and delivery which reflects the up-to-date expectations for the work.
• Application of governance requirements (including lifecycle, project & independent reviews as appropriate) for foundation sales and delivery work.
• Reporting progress on all accountabilities to programme / portfolio manager (or their delegate).
• Experience of managing Data Intelligence or Cyber based projects in a commercial environment with exposure to people, customer and commercial management;
• Recognised Project Management qualification
• Ability to problem solve & deliver projects to tight timelines;
• Tenacious, flexible and with ability to work well under pressure;
• Driven, energetic, resilient;