4 months ago
Location: Crawley, United Kingdom
Thales people architect solutions at the heart of the defence-security continuum. Interoperable and secure information and telecommunications systems for defence, security, and civil operators, are based upon innovative use of radiocommunications, networks, and cybersecurity. We are ground breaking new digital technologies such as 4G mobile communications, cryptography, cloud computing and big data for use in physical protection systems, and critical information systems.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
The purpose of this job is to be the person in overall charge of a specific project (or number of projects) to ensure the successful delivery of the project (or projects). The specific areas we are looking for support on are our Naval Communication Product line focussing specifically on High Frequency . You will be joining a busy team so we are looking for someone who can organise themselves accordingly.
It requires professional project management capabilities to be applied - giving rigour to change control, commercial awareness and stakeholder management.
It requires the successful management of the relationship with internal and external key UK and international customers.
Core Benefits: Bonus, private healthcare, 201 hours holiday and pension plus other great benefits such as excellent maternity/paternity leave.
What does the job involve?
* Undertake the activities that will ensure the successful delivery of circa 1M of Self Funded Research & Development projects in the development of the High Frequency product line.
* Take responsibility for the delivery of HF systems into a key strategic customer in North America including working with the Sales Lead to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Creation of the initial Project Plan during the bid or “Demand” phase of the lifecycle through requirement capture, work definition, estimating and scheduling that will include all Milestones, activities, resources and any other feature that will require to be delivered.
* Project Governance (the Gate and Stage Processes) over the bid and project delivery activities to ensure project, technical, procurement and support processes are applied and are effective in controlling risks.
* Ensure all business planning and reporting is published in accordance with Business directives e.g. Project Management reviews (PMR), Business Operations Report (BOR) and On Time Delivery (OTD)
* Manage all project stakeholders; ensuring strong communications are established and maintained
* Ensure that members of the project team are actively managing Risk and Opportunities, and have a robust Project Management Plan
* Ensure data integrity of all project information including financials and schedule. Use the Oracle and Primavera toolset to hold all financial, schedule and resource information.
What are we looking for?
* Negotiation skills with the ability to deal with customers, partners, suppliers and other parts of the business (stakeholder management skills).
* Interpersonal and verbal communication skills with written presentation and report writing skills.
* Analytical skills aligned with the need to carry out detailed investigation of cost variance(s) and publishing of financial information directly into Company financial reports
* A positive attitude combined with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills.
* The ability to adapt personal style of management and communication to achieve the desired results from interactions with team members and stakeholders.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!