6 months ago
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
QinetiQ supports the delivery of secured navigation that can be depended on when accurate navigation, positioning and/or timing is mission-critical. Our projects attract engineers and scientists from across QinetiQ (at all levels of experience) to deliver consultancy, research and the development of services and security capabilities for the next generation of multi-constellation, multi-frequency Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) Receivers.
Reporting to the Secured Navigation IDT Leader, the Project Manager will be responsible for the effective management and delivery of a number of projects within the division.
This is a key role in the winning and delivery of contracted outputs to our customers which requires a project manager with a ‘can do’ attitude to bidding, delivery and stakeholder management, combined with the ability to meet challenging deadlines, whilst remaining balanced under pressure. Some of our projects are heavily engineering biased and include significant proportions of systems engineering, software and firmware development, test and integration, as well as juggling pan-QQ resources, international sub-contractors and customers.
• Development and maintenance of positive engagement with project customers, partners and suppliers.
• Delivery of the project outputs, to agreed baseline (customer satisfaction, time, cost, quality, cash and sales).
• Ensuring project members operate in line with the Operating Framework & functional competency management requirements; and have appropriate personal objectives recorded in the QinetiQ performance management system.
• Resolving conflicts (including prioritisation calls) within the project and collaborating across QinetiQ.
• Maintenance of forecasts (both financial and resource demand signal) for sales and delivery which reflects the up-to-date expectations for the work.
• Application of governance requirements (including lifecycle, project & independent reviews as appropriate) for foundation sales and delivery work.
• Reporting progress on all accountabilities to programme / portfolio manager (or their delegate).
• Experience delivering Engineering or Software development projects.
• Experience of managing projects in a commercial environment with exposure to people, customer and commercial management
• Tenacious, flexible and with ability to work well under pressure;
• Drive, Energy & resilience
Whilst based in Malvern, this person will be required to travel within the UK, Europe and the US, as necessary.