7 months ago
Thales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems.
At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. With over 6,500 employees across 12 sites, we innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Combining a unique diversity of market knowledge, talent and expertise, our people design and deliver solutions to overcome some of the world’s most intricate engineering challenges. From the depths of the oceans to the edges of space – and cyberspace – we help our customers master complexity by enabling them to think faster and act smarter.
As a Supply Chain Project Manager within Defence Mission Systems with Thales UK you will deliver the integrated Supply Chain solution for one of the UK’s largest and most important Defence programme.
The key dimensions of the role are:
* Leadership of the Supply Chain ‘Control Account’ for the Supply Chain elements, including ensuring delivery of all required outputs within the agreed cost and schedule baseline.
* Leadership of the Supply Chain Team, working closely with the designated Sub-Contract/Procurement Managers and Production Controllers to ensure end to end delivery of the required Supply Chain outputs.
* To ensure effective leadership, both from a Project Management Governance and Technical point of view, across all the Supply Chain activities, whilst ensuring tightly controlled interfaces across the Programme and with the various discipline owners in the overall Supply Chain organisation.
* To build a high performing relationship and interface with the Engineering Team, in order to ensure strong management of dependencies and assumptions and overall ‘delivery’ success.
* The Supply Chain Project Manager is required to develop networks and build key relationships at Thales Senior management level to obtain ‘buy-in’ and cooperation in order to achieve objectives and fulfil responsibilities.
* Programme Manager/Director
* Programme Engineering Manager
* Business Operations Director
* Head of Programme Management
* Head of Procurement
* Head of Manufacturing
* Programme Subcontract Manager(s)
* Programme Production Control
* Programme Configuration Manager
* Programme Finance Manager
* Programme Commercial Manager
* Programme QA Manager
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
* Owns and drives the overall Supply Chain solution (subcontract management, procurement, production, test and delivery) as a key senior member of the Programme Team.
* Defines Supply Chain schedule consistent with and achieving required customer schedule (Layback planning, fixed anchor dates) and within the agreed baseline costs.
* Drives acquisition and delivery reviews
* Regular stand ups (Engineering, procurement, Production Control, Production and Test management)
* Defines and implements progress metrics and uses to identify and implement corrective actions where required – this will include tracking of the Unit Production Cost
* Defines and producing usable progress reporting (focused on achievement of the Production schedule)
* Pulls phased manufacturing release from Engineering in conjunction with the Engineering Manager and defines the resultant structuring of procurement and production
* Drives production Readiness Reviews (ranging from risk reviews associated with each manufacturing release through to full system Production Readiness Reviews (PRRs)
* Drives Production Control, managing the phased moved from advanced Forward Covers BOMs through to full Production BOMs in the Manufacturing System.
* Configuration Control
* MRP demand management (phased moves from Forward Cover to full BOMs)
* Requisition and PO release
* Kitting schedule
* Loading and management of Production batches
* Plans and drives Production Testing of Sub systems, systems, Pre FATs and FATs through to system deliveries
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!