5 months ago
Technical Project Management of simple and medium complexity IS projects to successful delivery in accordance with company procedures. Professionally undertake requirements management, stakeholder management and change management. Professionally carry out planning, monitoring and control of schedule, cost, opportunity, risk, benefits and resource within a structured project control system.
Thales people enjoy rewarding careers. That’s because they don’t just develop and deliver leading-edge technology; together we make a positive difference to the wider world. The work we do matters, making everyday life safer. Some of our work is unique, most of it is ground-breaking. Whatever their role in Thales, our employees can enjoy a real sense of purpose. Together we make the world a safer place.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Creation of the initial Project Plan during the bid or “Demand” phase of the lifecycle through requirement capture, work definition, estimating and scheduling that will include all Milestones, activities, resources and any other feature that will require to be delivered.
• Project Governance (the Gate and Stage Processes) over the bid and project delivery activities to ensure project, technical, procurement and support processes are applied and are effective in controlling risks.
• Establish an agreed Plan and baseline in accordance with Thales procedures and working practices that becomes the Original Baseline Schedule that forms the basis for controlling the implementation of the Programme.
• Establish relationship with project customers that is appropriate to the customer and the project. Ensure communication throughout the project meets the needs of the customer, and that the customer is involved in key governance steps (Project Launch and Acceptance as a minimum)
• Update project Estimate At Complete on a (minimum) monthly basis. Produce and analyse cost and schedule and risk metrics on a monthly basis, carry out corrective actions and complete monthly reporting packs.
• Escalation management of all project activities through Monthly Project and Portfolio Reviews, Line Management and Project Delivery Directors as appropriate
• Focus on accurate cost management through weekly review of project actual costs. Implement corrective action where costs are not collected accurately.
• Undertake monthly Opportunity & Risk Analysis (qualitative and quantitative on scope, cost, resource and schedule) and incorporate mitigation actions into the Performance Baseline.
• Ensure data integrity of all project information including financials and schedule. Use the Oracle and Primavera toolset to hold all financial, schedule and resource information.
• Support with managing project and resource conflicts to ensure successful project delivery to agreed project timescales
• Support continuous improvement initiatives led by other colleagues. Identify and investigate new tools and methodologies and contribute practical suggestions for better ways of working.
• Support less experienced staff in project management methods, tools, processes and approaches
• Analytical Project Management professional who can process data efficiently to provide solutions to problems and communicate the outcomes at all levels
• An understanding of business and commercial issues
• Good inter-personnel, communication, and customer focused skills essential
• Highly organised, quick and efficient.
• Delivers to agreed timescales with attention to detail
• Achieved or working towards Formal PM Qualifications: IPMA Level D or C (or equivalent)
• Competent user of Primavera P6 and MS Project
• Experienced gained as a Project Engineer/Planner/Coordinator role within a defence engineering environment
• Excellent interpersonal skill with the ability to influence at senior and board level
• Considerable experience of delivering medium complexity IS projects across Applications, Infrastructure, Security and Support domains
• Considerable experience of delivering medium complexity IS projects across all stages of the lifecycle (from definition, initiation, implementation, closure and support)
• Considerable experience of Project Management in a professional planning toolset environment
• Considerable understanding of generic processes and techniques used to schedule project activities e.g. WBS, OBS, milestones, dependencies & CSF, project network, float, Critical Path Management (CPM), forward & backward pass calculations and EVM
• Considerable experience and understanding of the Project Management process that includes Change Control, Risk Management and Information Management.
• Considerable knowledge of the project life cycle for medium complexity projects (ideally in Information Systems) with an understanding of Development and Support activity.
• Analytical skills aligned with the need to carry out detailed investigation of cost variance(s) and publishing of financial information directly into Company financial reports.
• Demonstrable focus on managing projects by creating and using credible project documents and structured, achievable project plans.
• Considerable experience of leadership of Project resources in a matrix environment
• Technical or engineering-based knowledge of IS technologies, systems and methodologies across Applications, Infrastructure, Security or Support domains
• Considerable experience gained within a complex engineering environment
• Considerable experience of project management within a large or complex organisation
• Proven successful delivery of IS projects to time, cost and quality with values up to £5m.
• Ideally qualified to degree level in an engineering or technology related discipline (or equivalent)
If you are interested to learn more, please apply.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 68,000 employees in 50 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!