9 months ago
We may not have a specific job for you today, but are interested in your expertise for tomorrow. We’re looking for experienced people, and we offer opportunities around the globe in this field.
As actual openings become available, you may be contacted to discuss a potential opportunity.
The Project Manager will lead and direct the Project team for the Subsea Controls project, you will have responsibility for the project management and successful execution of projects.
* In this role, you will be responsible for major and complex project assignments with long-term business implications.
* Overall project ownership and responsibility for coordinating a multiple person OTR matrix team including Engineering, Manufacturing, Sourcing, Logistics, Finance and Services
* Clarify and communicate expectations to project team members and stakeholders. Present to Senior Leadership on Project status, key risks, costs vs budget etc
* Be the primary customer contact for the duration of each project or part of an EPC Project team
* Manage a network of internal and external resources (including contractors) in support of project execution
* Develop and maintain robust Project Plans that meet the customer and business objectives.
* Responsible for project risk management processes and developing and implementing project controls processes and tools.
* Coordinate cross-functional, cross business global activities and drive project adherence, ensuring flawless execution of priorities throughout the Project lifecycle
* Manage the project budget and timeline and ensure the resources are available to complete the project within budget and on time in order to meet customer obligations
* Effectively lead and manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Negotiate change orders with the customers
* Professionally represent GE during all customer communications
* Own and deliver risk management plans
* Ensure Lessons Learned from project execution are shared within the team
* PMP, PRINCE2 or equivalent
* Demonstrable experience in the project management.
* Solid track record of successful delivery of subsea, automation and/or complex projects against contract.
* Proven interpersonal and relationship building skills
* Excellent leadership skills - Build the Project Team into a dedicated and enthusiastic unit
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams
* Ability to successfully coordinate several smaller projects or a large complex project.
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
* Demonstrated ability to lead programs/projects
* Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
* Established project management skills
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield
products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety
and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With
operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing
smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter target=”_blank”>@BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Locations: United Kingdom; Nailsea