10 months ago
Main Purpose of Role
Provides functional leadership for all construction phase activities within the Project Teams promoting Health, Safety, and Environmental and construction best practice as well as coordinating construction resources across the projects in close liaison with the Agents / Foreman.
* Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
* Overall management of project teams during the construction and installation phase of the project.
* Co-ordination of constructability input during solutions identification and development phase.
* Co-ordination and allocation of construction staff to projects ensuring that appropriate construction and installation staff are appointed to individual projects: based on experience, skills and knowledge.
* Liaises with the Project Managers to ensure that the construction resource pool is an appropriate size, with an appropriate blend of skill-sets, for the projected workload.
* Overall management of construction resources including Labour, Plant and Materials.
* Overall performance management of subcontractors.
* Ensures that the construction and installation teams are accountable for their performance against agreed schedules and man-hour budgets.
* Ensures that all construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with Health and Safety Legislation.
* Ensures that the duties of the Principal Contractor are discharged in accordance with the CDM Regulations.
* Ensures that all temporary and permanent construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with agreed quality procedures.
* Interfaces with the all other functional leaders within the organisation to facilitate successful development of the project from solution stage constructability through construction, installation, commissioning and handover to the client.
* Ensure regular input from the Project Manager is gained on third party, environmental and public relations issues.
* Participate in, and positively promote, the Murphy Culture Development Culture (leading to Zero Harm).
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* Successful experience as a Contract / Project Manager
* Proven ability to lead teams and coach on performance
* Knowledge of company policy and procedures including safety and environment related issues
* IT Literate
* Experience of Planning /Estimating (desirable)