7 months ago
Project Manager – Thales Alenia Space
Core Benefits – Private Medical (Couple cover), Yearly Bonus, Yearly Salary Review, Pension, 27 days holiday per year + 1 company day.
Location: Primary: Bristol
Thales Alenia Space (TAS) has more than 40 years’ experience in designing, integration, testing, operation and commissioning of innovative space systems. Using some of the world’s most sophisticated technologies, we meet the needs of a variety of commercial, government, scientific and security customers. Our teams create the technology to monitor our oceans, help us better understand climate change and drive scientific progress. We also supply the International Space Station and, as such, play a pivotal role in exploring the universe.
As a Project Manager based in our Bristol office, your leadership will ensure the successful delivery of projects, products, technology demonstrations and bids, relating to system studies or flight units which capitalise on Pan-European expertise and heritage. You’ll provide the overall project management rigour, change control, commercial awareness & stakeholder management to complement the existing management and technical skills within the team. Excellent opportunity to join at the start of a growing business, shape your career and be a major contributor to growth of the business.
Key Responsibilities and tasks:
• Full management of design, development and implementation of our Optics and Electronics products. Therefore an awareness of Space Instruments, Mechanisms and Propulsion technology would be highly desirable.
• Project Management duties within our satellite sector.
• Project budgetary control.
• Management of both Risk and Opportunities.
• Project Scheduling and resource planning whilst working with the established Project Controls team.
• Reporting the progress and performance of the project(s).
• Management of the supply chain to ensure compliance and performance.
• Management, coaching and motivation of a multifunctional project team.
• Conflict resolution
• The execution of appropriate Project Governance.
• Compliance with the relevant Thales Alenia Space Chorus processes and review lifecycle.
• Bid Management.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience;
• A professional qualification from a relevant Professional Institution is desirable (PRINCE / IPMA / APM accreditation.
• Demonstrable successful track record of managing projects in excess of £2 million in a heavily regulated industry, with engineering / manufacturing elements.
• Proven leadership skills, strong communication skills, planning and delivery orientation.
• Demonstrable positive track record of being customer focused, building relationships with suppliers whilst balancing the needs of the business including senior level.
• Commercial / financial / business insight and able to exercise sound judgment.
• Generation, delegation and adherence to Work Packages and knowledge of the full product lifecycle in a regulated industry.
• Design for manufacture and cost.
• Awareness of Space Instruments, Mechanisms and Propulsion technology - A level of technical knowledge or awareness about chemical or electric propulsion systems would be highly desirable.
• Conduct of integration, qualification and calibration campaigns.
• Awareness of Hardware, Software and Firmware development activities.
• Traceability of requirements to their point satisfaction captured in a structured documentation set.
• Having the ability to lead / chair reviews.
• Full business lifecycle management, including capture, qualification and developing capture plans and winning strategies.
• Experience of working across boundaries with knowledge of commercial management, elite supply chain and finance functions.
• The job requires a flexible and “can do” approach to perform effectively in a fast changing business growth environment.
• The job requires the ability to work in a multi-site capacity. There will be a main location but travel is required within the UK and overseas (mainly within Europe.) A driver’s licence that is valid in the UK is required for this position.
In order to play a key part within a fast moving business, apply now.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 68,000 employees in 50 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!