about 1 year ago
Position: Project Manager
Kier Strategic Highways is looking to recruit a Project Manager. The main purpose of this role is to assist in the Project Management of the delivery of schemes in the South West Design Services. This includes day-to-day management of a portfolio of projects with respect to scope, schedule, finance, risk, quality and resources.
* Management of forecasts and accruals monthly on Kier systems.
* Financial management of the programme.
* Responsibly for ensuring accruals and forecasts are accurately reported.
* Monthly project progress reports are produced in an accurate and timely manner.
* Project programmes (Microsoft Project) are monitored.
* Frequent and accurate reporting to line management on all aspects of a programme.
* Attendance at monthly client design liaison and progress meetings.
* Co-ordinate, manage and lead the successful day to day delivery of the projects.
* Plan and define project steps, scope project risks and issues, establish programmes, review milestones and priorities.
* Capturing project requirements, in terms of scope, programme, budget and risk
* Developing and implementing a management plan for the project from handover to completion.
* Maintaining communications with stakeholders and the project organisation: ensuring that relationships are developed and maintained, thus enabling productive, two-way communication with all key stakeholders.
* Managing the risks, issues and changes on the project;
* Recording and communicating decisions
* Financial management including cost control, accruals and forecasting.
* Prepare project and programme reporting information for all key stakeholder groups
* With manager, maintain and improve programme information management system to enhance control and confidence in delivery of the programme and budget.
* A good level of numeracy
* Good degree of computer literacy – Microsoft Office packages especially excel
* Experience in the use of spreadsheets
* Able to engage effectively with staff at all levels and with different technical understanding.
* Ability to prioritise in order to meet tight deadline.Well-developed interpersonal skills such as leadership, communication and conflict management.
* Strong change management ability to deliver successful outcomes for internal change projects.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Experience in programme management
* Use of Microsoft projects
* Experience in lean techniques
* Include Efficiencies at all stages in the development of a project and record the outcome
* Willingness to learn
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-England-Bristol-Bristol
Job: Project Management
Organization: Kier Group UK