12 months ago
The Project Manager may be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment. As an experienced project manager, the successful candidate will leverage their knowledge and hands-on experience to support our UK and European client base (Transmission & Distribution Operator).
With overall responsibility for scope, cost, schedule, and risk management as well as quality and customer satisfaction for all assigned projects, the successful candidate will be experienced in delivering complex WAMS software projects, assigning responsibilities, creating project schedule and determining resources needed.
Candidate Essential Responsibilities
Project Planning & Management
* Define and supervise scope of delivery, schedule and budget while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and day to day work; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans. Ensure a state of the art quality delivery
* Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
* Ensure effective cross-functional teamwork among project team members including both internal and external
* Solution Owner Support
* Support the Solution Owner / Delivery Manager in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
* Liaise with product development / R&D teams to: fully capture all customer product requirements; track and manage customer product developments; oversee product and project testing lifecycle
* Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
* Build customer loyalty through project execution excellence and actively promote quality awareness and improvements
* Working as the customer account manager to foster closer ties with end customer and increase GE work portfolio
* Provide support to bid team in preparation of tenders and assist in contract negotiations with end customers and third-party suppliers
* Proven Project Management experience, delivering complete solutions (hardware, software and training) to end customers
* Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 5-10 team members including Developers, Business Analysts
* Excellent communication skills to liaise with both internal development team and external customers
* Proven track record to manage and resolve project issues throughout full project lifecycle
* Excellent understanding of software development life cycle models ideally with knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles
* Balanced business/technical background: Sufficient level and acumen for technical background to provide credible leadership to development teams and to be able to assess project risks and issues
* Strong understanding of project strategy with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
* Flexibility to travel to customer site (predominately London & Europe) for short periods
* Degree from an accredited university or college (or equivalent qualification) in Engineering
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands problem solving abilities
* Experience of delivering projects to global customers
* PRINCE2 or PM-BOK or AGILE certified
* Strong interpersonal skills including collaborating, and team building
* Experience interacting with IT community
* Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
* Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Monitoring of electrical grid infrastructure is a critical task carried out continuously by system operator to guarantee safe and reliable operations. Traditional SCADA systems give operators a view of the system’s operating conditions with a typical latency in the range of seconds and minutes. The relative low measurement frequency has not allowed traditional SCADA systems to handle system emergency operation in real time. The faster and higher resolution introduced with synchrophasor technologies also knows as dynamic monitoring capabilities, enable wide area monitoring with extremely low latency less than 200ms. WAMS systems optimize overall availability, reliability and stability analysis and operations.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Locations: United Kingdom; Edinburgh
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.