10 months ago
Based in Cannock
This role provides functional leadership for all construction phase activities within the Project Teams promoting Health, Safety, and Environmental and construction best practice as well as coordinating construction resources across the projects in close liaison with the Project Managers.
* Overall management of project teams during the construction and installation phase of the project
* Co-ordination of constructability input during solutions identification and development phase
* Co-ordination and allocation of construction staff to projects ensuring that appropriate construction and installation staff are appointed to individual projects: based on experience, skills and knowledge
* Liaises with the Project Managers to ensure that the construction resource pool is an appropriate size, with an appropriate blend of skill-sets for the projected workload
* Overall management of construction resources including Labour, Plant and Materials
* Overall performance management of subcontractors
* Ensures that the construction and installation teams are accountable for their performance against agreed schedules and man-hour budgets
What we hope you can demonstrate:
* Successful experience as a Contract / Project Manager in the civil or engineering industry
* Experience in the Utilities space
* Proven ability in a Construction environment
* Proven ability to lead teams and coach on performance
* Knowledge of company policy and procedures including safety and environment related issues
* Experience of Planning /Estimating would be advantageous
At Murphy, we believe our people are our greatest asset, which is why they are at the heart of our company and everything we do.
The diversity of individuals and skills we require is simply huge and we need a large workforce of varied skills to match the size and complexity of our projects.
With such a range of projects and professions, Murphy is the ideal place to develop your career. We offer a number of apprentice, graduate and entry level positions within our Murphy Academy, as well as roles for more experienced candidates.