over 2 years ago
Requisition ID :2020-73816
Work Location :GB--Ware
Department / Discipline : Project Management
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for Project Managers with EPC experience to work on a client site in Hertfordshire. These are permanent, staff roles and will suit anyone with a pharmaceutical or oil & gas background.
The successful candidate will be responsible for Assignment Management and safe delivery of the project. This will include input into project objectives and strategies, work scope, schedules, and commercial plan.
* Liaising with multi-discipline engineering teams through discussions and regular progress meetings
* Monitoring and controlling performance against budget, schedule, quality, and safety requirements
* Using appropriate reporting methods
* Maintaining close contact with the Client throughout to ensure needs are effectively met
* Identifying changes in the work scope, ensuring these are dealt with accordingly
* Identifying and managing risk
* Ensuring variations are raised and processed at the correct stage for any changes in work
* Promoting quality and safety at all times
Skills / Qualifications
To be successful in the role, the following criteria must be met:
* HND / HNC in relevant Engineering discipline
* Experience in project management with demonstrable experience of onshore oil and gas
* Experience in co-ordinating team delivery in accordance with agreed costs and schedules
* Experience working to SHEQ standards
* Experienced in developing & maintaining good relationships with clients and sub-contractors
* Knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental responsibilities
* Ability to instigate and conduct project “kick off” meetings
* Demonstrated input to preparation of project schedules
* Knowledge of Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment studies
* Ability to co-ordinate the execution of all ‘project close-out’ activities
Although Pharmaceutical experience is not essential, it is preferable.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.