10 months ago
Rail Infrastructure is all about speed and quality - reconciling the demands of minimising 'possession' time with laying track to the highest standards of accuracy. Meticulous planning, strong site management and investment is how we have squared this circle and become the UK's largest renewals contractor. Colas Rail believes the investment made in training and development is vital to maintain competitive advantage. We are committed to utilising training and development to ensure that every possible opportunity is available to our staff. We offer structured training schemes for apprentices, technicians and graduates and employees are also encouraged to pursue, on their own initiative, continuing education and training, particularly when this leads to vocational and professional qualifications relevant to their work.
To lead the safe delivery of Alliance Delivered projects to achieve the required cost, time and quality objectives within corporate guidelines and to develop appropriate delivery and supply strategies and plans for specific projects, ensuring that alliance principals are maintained
To undertake the day to day construction management of project works in terms of safety, quality, environment, engineering/ design compliance, commissioning, functionality and programme. This will involve the management of Contractors and implementing processes to control the delivery of the works.
* Deliver the project(s) safely to time, cost and quality, in accordance with the Guide to Railway Investment Projects (GRIP), applicable Railway Group, Network Rail company standards and other specific legislation including construction design management (CDM) Regulations. Accountable for the overall leadership and management of the alliance construction Delivery team ensuring that staff are managed effectively to deliver construction projects and a team of
competent supervisors and engineers are in place to deliver the works.
* Apply the principles of sound Project Management taking overall accountability for Cost, Quality and Timeliness in collaboration with the Project Manager.
* Responsible for overall cost effective delivery in line with the budget for the job. This includes the procurement of labour, plant and materials in line with the target estimate and capturing any variation to the estimate and ensured this is managed effectively and if necessary the change request made to the Programme Delivery Manager.
* Take overall accountability for the formation of target cost estimates for the programme of work.
* Lead, motivate and manage track delivery teams to guarantee technical compliance and quality of delivered track renewal and enhancement
Qualifications and experience required
* Relevant successful experience in project management Demonstrable successful construction management experience.
* Relevant experience for the specialist area of construction management being undertaken.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Detailed knowledge of safety regulations (particularly CDM).
* Team leader capable of motivating the team.
Colas Rail currently works with a number of approved recruitment suppliers. We will therefore not consider CVs or speculative proposals from any other agencies. Recruitment agencies not currently approved as preferred suppliers are kindly requested not to submit speculative CVs to any part of Colas Rail.