about 1 year ago
Overview / Responsibilities
The Project Manager will support the Senior Engineering Project Manager and work as part of an integrated project team, supporting the day-to-day management of operational aspects of design projects delivering high quality engineering services to clients across the Nuclear Sector.
The role covers the whole project lifecycle from leading bids to final delivery; delivering projects safely, to client satisfaction, to quality standards and budget.
The core responsibility of this role is to manage the project direction, project programme, commercial aspects and reporting for design projects.
Typical Work Activities
Responsibilities associated with this role will include, but are not limited to:
* Ensure contracts are conducted in accordance with Wood corporate and client policies, processes and procedures.
* Lead the monitoring and control of projects to ensure that it is being delivered to budget and schedule.
* Provide robust financial and project reporting.
* Identification and management of change control.
* Develop, maintain and manage project risk registers.
* Ensure compliance with all legislative requirements.
* Deal with commercial matters including claims, contractual disputes and preparing subcontract terms and conditions
* Production of proposals and tenders in accordance with client and Wood commercial requirements.
* Ensure the timely preparation of invoices and supporting documentation.
* Provide Line Management for Project Engineer staff, including performance review; identify training needs and supporting professional and career development.
Skills / Qualifications
Essential Skills and Experience
* Knowledge of Project Management processes and techniques. Should be knowledgeable of BS6079-1:2010 and ideally have relevant qualifications, APMP or similar.
* Preferred to have a Degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline.
* Management of contracts in accordance with the NEC3 forms of contract.
* An excellent understanding of Project Control, including cost control, schedule adherence, risk management and change control.
* Track record of Project Management of technical design projects or varying size that are multi-disciplinary.
* Work well and effectively communicate with others at all levels.
* Committed to Continuous Professional Development.
* Ability to work autonomously.
Desirable Skills and Experience
* Some experience of quality system would be an advantage.
* Experience in the Nuclear industry or other highly regulated industry would be an advantage.
* Must be able to obtain SC clearance.
* UK Citizenship
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.