8 months ago
Requisition ID: 228318
Location: Birmingham, UK
Relocation Authorized: None
The Project Human Resources Representative is responsible for coordinating HR support to management and employees on assigned project(s) for a range of Human Resources (HR) issues. Coordinating with the People Operations organization and GBU Business Partners, the duties will include: assisting and coordinating with staffing, on-boarding, implementing HR policies and assignment conditions, mobilising and demobilising employees and facilitating with training and development. Flexibility and teamwork are key in this role as the HR organization moves through a transformative period.
Staffing and Recruitment
* Liaise with People Operations to ensure the provision of a recruitment service which delivers the right people at the right time.
* Support staffing for assigned projects by liaising with project hiring managers and maintaining SRM/SmartStaff updates as required. This includes oversight of project staffing plans, coordinating with Project Controls.
* Manage employee demobilization schedules and release dates in alignment with project staffing plans, including short term assignment tracking. This includes preparation of completion paperwork for project personnel in accordance with local legal and company requirements as applicable.
Compensation and Benefits
* Implement employee assignment conditions/allowances including any necessary per diem and allowance modifications in conjunction with People Operations.
* Oversee and support implementation of salary and bonus planning processes on project.
* Support projects to estimate the total cost of new hires / nationalizing current employees/international assignees.
Policy / Process / Legal
* Ensure visa and immigration compliance as required for project personnel, including: compliance for entry and exit requirements, position change notifications, local processing and assistance.
* Develop and implement appropriate policies for the effective management of the project and HR issues in conjunction with People Operations.
* Ensure that project work rules are compliant with Bechtel policy and local laws, whilst being aware of local/national safety codes.
* Work with Project Management to ensure processes are in place that align with Bechtel HR policies, procedures and guidelines.
* Promote equality and inclusion in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviors when interacting with colleagues.
* Champion and model applicable health and safety behaviors by taking care of self and colleagues by following safe working procedures at all times.
* Protect the confidentiality and integrity of corporate information from unauthorized disclosure/modification/destruction and data collection/privacy of all workers on the project by taking appropriate measures.
* Translate corporate policies into workable project processes.
Learning and Development
Develop and facilitate onboarding and welcome packages for employees, including pre-employment
* checks and ongoing requirements such as medicals and other project specific requirements.
* Work with People Operations to coordinate and execute project learning and talent requirements along with corporate HR training requirements.
* Oversee and support implementation of processes for employee appraisal, competency assessment, training-needs identification and development planning.
* Arrange and facilitate 360s and upward feedback sessions.
* Support community outreach and early careers programs such as work experience, summer internships, apprentices and graduate recruitment/development.
* Support with providing policy interpretation.
* Maintain local employee relations issues and BCMS updates, coordinating with the People Operations.
* Coach and guide project assigned supervisors on basic matters and/or basic employee relations issues.
* Guide and support supervisors in pro-actively dealing with employee performance through implementing performance improvement plans.
Data Analytics / Systems / Reporting
* Support and facilitate other specific Human Resources activities as assigned by Project Management which may include project specific reporting requirements (working with People Operations, as required).
* Establish necessary systems to support implementation of project level policies and procedures (as necessary).
* Establish use of company wide data analytics for project reporting through liaison with People Operations.
* Develop and implement project specific metrics to provide regular management information.
Strategy / Organization
* Support GBU business strategy by working with GBU Business Partners to implement initiatives and new processes.
* Act as the primary point of contact with partner organizations on all people-related issues.
* Role model Bechtel Vision, Values and Covenants and encourage colleagues to exhibit appropriate language and behaviors.
* This position requires travel to project locations, at times with little notice.
* Responsibilities may be modified as the HR Transformation program progresses and as the division of responsibilities between HR personnel changes.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Regularly deliver group DP (Development Partner) inductions as required, based on new joiner numbers
* Review and update the project EDI Implementation Plan as required
* Monitor and report on EDI metrics to the client, in close collaboration with Agencies
* Facilitate EDI training and development.
* Complete off boarding and exit interviews for both Bechtel and agency staff.
* Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology or other relevant discipline from an accredited university
* Significant experience in delivering client facing HR services to senior level management.
* Relevant experience in a generalist HR role including project support experience.
* Commercial awareness and knowledge of applicable HR related contractual requirements.
* Well developed communication (written and verbal), influencing, facilitation and negotiation skills.
* Demonstrated understanding of disciplinary processes and termination legislation/administration.
* Experience of staffing and recruitment processes.
* Experience of advising on ER issues.
* Effective oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
* Ability to interpret HR policy and processes.
* Good working knowledge and application of local employment legislation.
* Experience and demonstrated skill in identifying problem areas, investigating alternative solutions and determining action to be performed on problems affecting human resources administration.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, Business Objects and HRMS systems.
* Ability to understand project and business objectives and to implement HR practices to support such objectives.
* Experience on a Bechtel project or in a project specific support role.
* Experience with Smartstaff or SRM staffing management tools.
* Experience in sector specific industry.
Additional Requirements (for grade 26):
* Significant experience in project positions or project oversight roles.
* Ability to work independently on complex issues with little oversight.
* Understanding of project and change management in large organizations.
* Experience working in joint venture/partnership project structure, and with developing and managing external relationships with partner organizations.
* Previous experience in setting up HR delivery in new/emerging markets or countries.
* Large project $1 billion + experience.
* International HR/project experience.
* Experience in other global business units (GBU’s)
* Understanding of TUPE.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.