6 months ago
Project Handover Manager
Job number: UK11863
Company/Division: Gas & Water
Career area: Project Management
Position type: Full Time
Job type: Permanent
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Project Handover Manager to join our Water business unit to work in Borehamwood, London
To work across SMB Joint Venture Integrated Programme Team to influence, manage, support, review and deliver completed projects to the SMB Joint Venture Board, and collaborate with Thames Water and the SMB Joint Venture Supply Chain to ensure consistent governance and control is in place.
What you'll be doing
* Be a subject matter expert in the SMBJV Project Handover Delivery Process;
* Work closely with the Delivery Project Managers to support and deliver projects in achieving successful hand over;
* Create a vision of how the Delivery Projects can effectively integrate into SMBJV’s business delivery at all levels and drive substantial simplification, business efficiency and standardisation in line with the Clients EIR’s (Employers Information Requirements);
* Drive consistency, standardisation and best practice on Delivery Projects;
* Provide specialist advice and guidance support to SMBJV Operations Management Team and Supply Chain, ensuring handover documentation is delivered in line and on time with the Clients specification and standards.
Who we're looking for
You will have:
* Proven experience in hand over of Projects ideally within Water Industry.
* Proven experience of implementing and maintaining processes and procedures in large complex organisations;
* Training and facilitation skills and experience;
* The confidence to work with Senior Management and be able to challenge existing ways of working to support achieving successful project hand over.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty’s Gas & Water teams work in the UK and internationally, providing expertise and experience to support a stable and safe supply of these vital services.
Working on long-term, large-scale contracts, we build close, collaborative relationships with our clients. Our teams bring technical knowledge and in-depth industry experience to projects, provide exceptional customer service and introduce innovative approaches to minimise disruption to local residents, businesses and the environment.
Our water operations cover the whole lifecycle of networks, including clean and waste water mains, metering, treatment facilities and other essential infrastructure. Working closely with the supply chain, we employ industry-leading approaches like BIM and offsite construction to bring cost and time efficiencies to projects.
In the gas sector, we work to expand and renew underground mains, often in busy and high-impact residential and commercial areas. We work closely with clients to manage and plan work intelligently in these areas, minimising the impact this essential work has on local communities.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.