about 1 month ago
Building the present, creating the future
As part of our growth strategy, BAM PPP is recruiting a Project Finance Analyst to join our small but expert Project Finance team based in Stepps, Glasgow.
The role of Project Finance Analyst will involve assisting the Senior Finance Managers and Head of Project Finance, in the oversight and management of all financial aspects of our PPP bids and new sector development within the UK and Ireland. The projects will either be in public procurement or through other strategic investment development routes, ensuring full compliance with the Financial Strategy of BAM PPP. There will be the opportunity to work with the wider core team, in terms of project management and legals, and to coordinate with our external financial advisers and the funding market.
We are looking for a positive individual who will play a key role in helping with the growth of the investment business, and opportunities exist for professional and career development including progression to Finance Manager/Senior Finance Manager.
• Support the development and optimisation of the financial model by providing inputs of financial data, verifying the outputs, and challenging the results, and assisting in the production of all financial documentation including board level reports.
• Assist and support in the analysis and selection of available/appropriate funding structures, and negotiation of finance documentation, from initial bid period through to financial close with banks / financial institutions, and working closely with the legal team in the contract review, proposing changes where required, to align with the Financial & Legal Strategies of BAM PPP
• Support and assist with the development of the financial due diligence process, by working with the project management team and external parties, analysing the due diligence reports and related bankability issues.
• Assist with analysing the relevant project accounting and tax structure, ensuring full compliance with the Investment Strategy of BAM PPP.
• Assist with the management of a large number of parties, both internal and external, and ensuring that all are aligned and aware of the financial aspects of the project. Internally, working closely alongside the legal team and project management team.
• Assist with the selection, appointment and coordination of project financial advisers, controlling external project finance costs, and act as a secondary point of contact to the Senior/Finance Manager. Over time, develop and maintain good relations with financial advisers.
• Assist in the selection and management of funders and financial institutions on a project by project basis, carrying out detailed funding competitions and analysis, and ensuring the availability of a competitive funding solution. In time, engage and maintain good relations with funders and financial institutions, keeping abreast of market developments.
• Over time participate in the financial close process, assisting team members in final negotiations, monitoring timelines and risks involved, financial close model protocols, and collation of all financial data for input and disclosure into the legal documentation immediately following financial close.
• Coordinate with the relevant funding institution to ensure successful preparation and execution of the initial drawdown, coordinating with the operational finance team. Prepare and finalise financial handover documentation, including the financial model, board level reports, financial structure reports, for controlling and interface into the start phase of the Construction phase, to ensure understanding of all financial aspects of the project.
• Assist in the analysis of new markets, sectors and partners.
Who are we looking for?
• Graduate in an relevant field (finance/accounting/business or science/maths) and/or with relevant professional qualification. If no professional qualification then a preparedness to enter a programme of study to achieve a relevant professional qualification is essential (accounting, CFA etc).
• At least 3 years’ relevant work experience.
• Experience of project finance transactions (including PPPs) is preferable but candidates with general experience of banking, commercial or construction work interested in retraining and gaining experience in infrastructure developments including PPPs will be positively considered.
• Some experience of working with contractual documentation.
• Strong Excel and Word skills, experience of Financial Modelling preferable.
• Strong financial and commercial acumen.
• Some accounting and tax knowledge.
• Some understanding of banking, commercial and/or construction issues and an understanding of PPP and/or infrastructure developments.
• Ability to communicate finance elements of projects to non-finance staff.
• Highly organised approach and attentive to detail.
• Ability to adhere to deadlines and adapt to changing priorities as required.
• Communication, presentational and interpersonal skills.
• Effective at building good working relationships with others.
• Ability to work as part of a team but equally capable of working alone.
• Presentational skills.
• Strong personal values that align with BAM PPP’s purpose and values.
• Excellent team player.
• Keen and willing to learn and develop.
• Self-reliant and self-disciplined.
• Proactive and pragmatic.
• “Can do“ attitude.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Flexible in terms of travel.
What’s in it for you?
At BAM PPP, we are extremely proud of our People and Culture. Our hard work, and fun together, has built a successful business which continues to grow. Our aim is to continue to build on this success by investing in our people, to encourage and support engagement and positive mental health and physical wellbeing. Our ambition is to have employees who are ‘Flourishing at Work’; who are inspired by our purpose, able to use and develop their skills and strengths, and who can see the value they contribute to the business.
In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development supported by BAM Learning, which includes a variety of different platforms.
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organization, we are committed to developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment which enables everyone to fulfil their potential.
Who are we?
BAM PPP is one of Europe’s leading operators in the delivery of public-private partnership projects. We employ over 100 people and have offices in Glasgow, Birmingham, Brussels, Bunnik, Dublin, Frankfurt, Cologne and London.
We have a strong track record in delivering successful projects across various sectors and in key European locations. Our operational concessions include 49 projects with a total capital value of €12.1bn throughout Belgium, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Australia.
In 2020 Dutch pension fund PGGM, one of Europe’s largest pension companies, acquired a 50% share in BAM PPP from Royal BAM Group. Under our new ownership structure BAM PPP has ambitious growth plans which includes targeting new markets (in Australia, North America and Scandinavia) establishing BAM PPP as a worldwide player in the global PPP market, and diversifying into new sectors such as energy, water infrastructure and digital infrastructure.
BAM PPP has access to a wealth of international expertise, experience, and resources, underpinned by extensive local knowledge of the key PPP markets (education, general accommodation, health, justice, marine, rail, and roads) and provides the following services:
• Design, development, bid, and operational leadership
• Understanding and management of risk
• Sourcing, securing, and funding management
• Contract negotiation and commercial management