5 months ago
Title : Project Engineer - Sizewell
Requisition ID :2019-40030
Work Location :GB-Suffolk-Nr Leiston
Department / Discipline : Project Management
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Professional & Technical
Overview / Responsibilities
The PMR team within the Wood Nuclear business is looking for a skilled and experienced Project Engineer to join our team supporting our key client EDF, and Nuclear Reactors at their UK plants, on our long-term framework. The GSUK team has an annual turnover in excess of £40M, contributing to the wider Wood Nuclear target. The PMR team is split across multiple locations in the UK; from our home office in Knutsford, the client head office at Barnwood and at various plants around the UK. You will be part of a large client lead team at the Sizewell B Power Station, supporting multiple projects within the station project portfolio. Project Engineers will support either Project Manager or Construction Manager in managing allocated work from assignment to close out covering all duties related to work delivery as requested by the Project Manager or Construction Manager in order to ensure that the work is conducted in a safe, timely and effective manner to its conclusion. No direct reports.
About Wood Nuclear:
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
The project engineer role may vary depending on the specific assignment undertaken but would typically involve the activities below:
* Identifying, implementing and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality standards, company procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
* Support the Project Manager with day to day activities required to deliver work in line with the project plan including safety, quality, schedule and cost objectives.
* Facilitate and chair project meetings and regular progress meetings as required by the Project Manager.
* Prepare and maintain project documentation including Project Definition Document, Quality Plans and other documents as required.
* Ensure production of technical specifications and support the process of contractor selection and contract placement.
* Review documentation including contractor’s documents and drawings.
* Ensure technical queries are managed in accordance with process and procedures.
* Carry out financial and technical appraisals of project options. Perform feasibility studies, site surveys and liaison with designers and station staff as required.
* Prepare work packages including preparation of work order cards and review of contractor’s risk assessments and method statements. Carry out duties of APSA when required.
* Prepare Engineering Changes and manage the preparation of supporting and affected documents.
* Prepare commissioning documents and act as test team leader where appropriate.
* Manage the delivery of assigned small projects, jobs and tasks ensuring that the work is conducted in a safe, timely and effective manner in line with the relevant procedures.
* Perform the duties of a field supervisor as required.
Skills / Qualifications
* Minimum 2-5 years project or engineering experience.
* Typically, degree educated, in engineering or a related subject. Chartered or equivalent preferred.
* APMP formal project management qualification preferred but not essential.
* Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation including Construction Design Management and Health and Safety at Work Act.
* Knowledge of budget monitoring, commercial awareness and experience at managing contractors.
* Strong understanding of the need for Quality within the project environment and familiarity with the use and structure of Quality Assurance documentation.
* Must be well versed in the preparation of reports and information using packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Mobility when required (within UK - full driving license).
* Suitable relevant project experience within engineering/construction projects, including the application of project management processes.
What do you get?
As well as exciting roles on projects in the UK and abroad; in a supportive and professional work environment, these are some of the additional benefits you can expect at Wood:
* A competitive reward package
* Work life balance – We offer flexible working; we have core and flex hours in all our permanent office locations.
* Family friendly benefits – maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
* International opportunities - As an 60,000 strong community of colleagues operating in 60 countries you will have access to international career opportunities.
* For your peace of mind we offer life insurance benefit on top of a contributory pension scheme, as well as income protection and life assurance benefit.
* To support you throughout your career you will have access to an Employee Assistance programme, which can offer anything from financial advice to mental health support and counselling sessions.
For our communities:
* We give back to our communities, we have a matched funding community investment programme. In our global business our people are showing commitment and courage to care for the communities we operate in. You can do this by supporting causes and raising funds for charities that are important to you, your colleagues and your local area.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.