27 days ago
REQ ID: 54302
JOB TITLE: Project Engineer - SO
SALARY: £32,500 - £40,000 (DOE)
POSTING END DATE: 22/02/2021
Beyond Property, Purchasing, HR and IT, more than being part of our Finance or Marketing teams, beyond even Sales and Service, every role in every business area offers unique opportunities to make an impact on the future of mobility and the automotive industry.
What to Expect
Vehicle Personalisation is one pillar of the Jaguar Land Rover Special Operations division responsible for developing the strategy, product and process to deliver outstanding personalisation options for our customers. The Project Engineering role is based in the Strategy team responsible for a diverse group of accessories ranging from Interior/Exterior trim, cargo and carrying to functional accessories.
Working with the SMEs, the LE will be responsible for understanding the initial requirements for a programme based on the vignette and then developing this into robust technical assumptions. The LE will be responsible for projects leading up to PSC where it will be handed over to the delivery teams.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
* Liaise with Programme and Design teams in the initial development stages to develop concepts and take them through to launch
* Develop RFQ Cost Packs
* Generate Commodity Plans
* Generate IPL Technical and Cost assumptions
* Identify technical solutions and suppliers
* Flexible in work approach, able to work on and lead a variety of commodity groups
What You’ll Need
You’ll have the ability to work independently, whilst being results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver operational plans in a complex, highly demanding environment. You’ll also be resilient and enthusiastic individual who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs.
* Degree in Engineering or comparable qualification.
* Experience in component/system delivery and development of Body and Trim systems.
* Knowledge of Digi-Buck / Vis-Mock-up / 3DLive
* Good communication and presentation skills to all levels
* Knowledge of PCDS and CCDS
* Knowledge of JLR engineering release and change management systems.
* Data analysis and PC skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
* Experience of problem-solving tools and able to lead problem resolution initiatives.
* Experienced in WERS, AIMs, RMDV, APQP and PSW processes.
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Find out what to expect at each stage of the process along with some hints and tips.
FIND OUT MORE
Find out more about working here in our JLR Life Blog:
FIND OUT MORE
WHAT WE OFFER
We look after our employees by offering a host of benefits and investing in their talent through award-winning training
FIND OUT MORE
Can't find a suitable opportunity or interested in other options with our Suppliers and Partners?
SEARCH ALL JOBS
Project Engineer, Engineer, Change Management, Engineering, Automotive, Management