about 1 year ago
Project Engineer – New Generation Services (m/f)-TWMA-UKDY01482868
With 61 production and engineering sites and 18 service centres in 28 countries, Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in the rail industry. We cover the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from complete trains to sub-systems, maintenance services, system integration and signalling. Our installed base of rolling stock exceeds 100,000 rail cars and locomotives worldwide. Our 39,400 employees continue a proud tradition of delivering ingenious rail transportation solutions.
Bombardier’s Litchurch Lane factory is the UK’s leading and longest-standing train manufacturing site, founded in 1876 by the Midland Railway, is recognized as the most efficient train factory and a global centre of excellence in aluminium train technology in Bombardier’s global network, forming an integrated works where trains are designed as well as assembled. The trains being delivered from the Derby manufacturing facility have recorded world record breaking reliability statistics.
We are currently looking to recruit a Project Engineer – New Generation Services located in Derby, UK
To identify opportunities and undertake relevant appraisals of the application of new and existing technologies aimed at optimising product value; safety, performance, reliability, efficiency and economy to the customer (internal or external).
To project manage and deliver such integrated technologies or processes such that practical benefit is achieved on time and on cost with a sustainable benefit to the fleet or customer, focused on WLAM (whole life asset management) and increasing Bombardier’s value added service capability.
• To deliver NGS initiatives for intelligent maintenance and value added services; dominated for at least 12 months by implementing AVIS (automatic vehicle inspection systems) and continuing to drive its further development; identify and develop new NGS work streams and project manage their engineering application.
• Maintain a regular review of, and report on the applicability of, emerging technologies, including support practices and management methods with a constant focus on WLAM and added value service capability.
• Help coordinate the UK services input into new generation services research programmes, working with suppliers and academia as necessary.
• Maintain regular review of fleets R&M data. Monitor fleet management initiatives and engineering developments across the regions. Introduce and lead best R&M and fleet maintenance practice
• To promote understanding of new generation services, their associated technologies and whole lifecycle support concepts so that its philosophy becomes a customer shared knowledge
• Engineering or related technical degree
• Relevant experience required (i.e. directly linked to the requirements of the position/role)
• At least three years’ experience of working in maintenance environment
• Proven project delivery capability from inception through to service delivery and operation
• Appreciation of new and emerging technologies and their potential application
• Ability to identify, articulate and implement engineering, business and customer requirements and their associated solutions.
Why work for us?
Everywhere we operate, we reward effort and initiative. You are encouraged to ask questions and empowered to make decisions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a stimulating and open workplace which fosters teamwork, fairness, respect and diversity.
Bombardier Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.
Job: Advance Engineering
Primary Location: GB-ENG-Derby
Employee Status: Regular