6 months ago
Job Id : 5243
Department : Engineering Reading
Benefits : Competitive
Job type : Full time
Location : Reading
Type : Permanent
NG Bailey is the UK’s leading independent engineering, rail, IT and facilities services business with a deserved reputation for excellence. We offer integration from the outset of a project, from planning and design through the supply chain, to offsite manufacture, installation and maintenance.
We have an opportunity for an experienced MEP Project Engineer with a Mechanical bias to further strengthen NG Bailey’s South East region which already benefits from a healthy forward order book of quality work for 2018/2019 and ambitious growth targets for 2019/2020 and 2020/2021.
Based in Reading and working closely with the Project Manager and the project delivery team, the Project Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that projects are engineered to specification and delivered in line with planned costs.
* Ensure projects are engineered to specification and delivered in line with planned costs.
* Participate and positively contribute into tender and pre-commencement for projects allocated to you to ensure that company liabilities and risks are minimised.
* Work closely with the Project and Commercial Manager to identify labour requirements and ensure cost effective use of the same, reviewing regularly in line with the programme
* Demonstrate Health and Safety leadership to ensure that the safety first and foremost message is visible and alive throughout all activities and ensure all operational activities are carried out in compliance with internal regulations and external legislation.
* Evaluate project works against specification and drawings; re-engineer installations and systems to ensure we precisely deliver to the customer’s exact requirements.
* Maintain positive relationships with the customers through efficient delivery of projects to optimise future opportunities and profitability
* Manage direct labour and monitor appointed specialist sub-contractors to ensure work is completed to specification and programme.
* Ensure design and installation meets internal and client specification and statutory requirements.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, private healthcare generous holiday entitlement, market leading pension scheme and a range of other benefits.
You can look forward to joining a passionate and determined team and be assured of measurable career progression and ongoing investment in your development.
To be considered for this role you will have previous experience working as a Project Engineer or Building Services Engineer within an MEP environment. A HND or Degree in Building Services would be advantageous but is not essential.