about 1 month ago
Requisition ID: 149521
As we continue to attract the best talent to join our teams across the globe we recognise that the ideal role may not be available just yet but as we make preparations for significant prospective work we are keen to hear from you and build up a pipeline of suitable candidates.
We would like to receive expressions of interest for this role. If you wish to register your interest, please follow the application process and your application will be reviewed “as needed” by our Talent Acquisition team.
Job Title : Project Engineer
Bechtel GBU : Infrastructure
Bechtel Function : Engineering
Discipline : Various
Location : United Kingdom, various locations with opportunities for international assignments
Reports to : Project Manager, Engineering Manager and Chief Engineer
Supervises multi-disciplinary engineering activity on a project, or designated scope of a project. Plans, directs and monitors engineering packages or parts of on the project. Has technical responsibilities for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating these packages.
- Establishes or assists in establishing the detailed project execution plan and the development of the overall project engineering budget and schedule.
- Manage workflow, progress and change control.
- Develops, maintains and optimises design and procurement schedules.
- Optimise engineering and development activities to result in schemes that meet programme requirements.
- Reviews project engineering progress, evaluates changes and takes corrective action when required.
- Ensure the development of, and the maintenance of, quality-assured processes and procedures, co-ordinated with other design groups and other relevant stakeholders.
- Manages the flow of information required from third parties to assure the timely progress of the engineering work.
- Ensure preparation of the full engineering data package and participate in answering on-going clarifications/queries as needed.
- Develop and monitor a verification check on the quality and consistency of “end product” packages to be taken forward.
- Undertake reviews of progress and compliance. Approves design documents, change orders, material requisitions and specifications for construction or procurement use.
- Provide guidance, direction and briefing to designers.
- Resolves field initiated questions on engineering and visits jobsite as required for exchange of information.
- Ensures that Technical Risk Assessments are comprehensive and complete, safety practices and procedures are implemented, and engineering design and corresponding design documentation are in compliance with project Quality Assurance requirements.
- Communicates complex technical issues and recommends solutions to client, project and functional management as directed and as appropriate.
- Champions the creation of a project work environment, supported by leadership on the project/program, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- BSc or MSc degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
- Professional (Chartered) engineering registration, or working towards it
- Technical knowledge of Railway systems, engineering and construction methods and materials, and engineering computer applications.
- Proficient knowledge of project engineering processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of related construction practices and the economics involved and current knowledge of new methods of design and construction.
- Proficient knowledge on planning, application and coordination of 2-D and/or 3-D Computer Aided Design (CAD) design processes including BIM Level 2 knowledge on a project and PAS1192/BS1192.
- Knowledge of industry/regulatory codes and standards and design criteria pertinent to the discipline.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Demonstrated skill in supervision.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.