7 months ago
Project Engineer - Electrical Building Services
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Engineer to join our busy team based in our Manchester, Leeds or Belfast office. You will be responsible for leading the Electrical engineering delivery on a range of diverse projects across all business sectors including commercial, industrial, retail, healthcare, laboratories, education, defence, leisure etc. within both public and private domains.
Our current project portfolio includes a number of key infrastructure projects including major government clients, 3rd Level Education and Universities and laboratory projects as well as other interesting and complex projects. The role will require you to integrate into the local teams and work with colleagues in other offices as project demands dictate.
As a capable of designing and delivering a project, you will be flexible to the demands of delivering the project and understand that your performance reflects your ability as well as on WYG. Your actions must support business growth and development.
* Relevant experience in design projects
* Working towards Chartered status
* Current driving licence
* Ability to work within a team on major complex projects in UK and overseas
* Meet residential criteria to become Security Cleared
* Experience at Client and Contractor meetings
* Experience in different procurement types
* Understand Construction Contracts, roles and responsibilities etc
* Ability to manage multiple contracts
* Understanding of project financial and resource management
* Experience in AutoCAD, National Engineering Spec (NES) Microsoft office
* REVIT/REVIT MEP experience welcomed
* Understanding of BREEAM on M&E Services
* MV/HV Experience.
We will provide training and support to enable you to develop through the WYG career pathways.
You will be expected to have a relevant degree in Building Services or Electrical Engineering or equivalent, be a member of the MCIBSE, MIET or equivalent professional body, although relevant design experience would be considered.
Ideally, you will have several years experience in an Engineering Consultancy, have obtained a degree in a related engineering discipline and either be a Chartered Engineer or working towards becoming a Chartered Engineer. Experience in lieu of formal qualifications will be considered.
WYG is an award-winning professional services firm operating from more than 50 locations across the UK, Europe, Africa, and Asia. We are driven by client service and underpinned by technical excellence. We help our clients create value, protect value, and manage risk. We are the partner of choice for organisations operating in complex or challenging environments.
We serve our clients through six business streams:
* International Development
* Infrastructure & Built Environment
* Programme & Project Management
* Surveying & Asset Management
* Planning and Transport
WYG plc’s shares are traded on AIM, a market operated by the London Stock Exchange.
In return for your dedication, you will enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including childcare and retail vouchers, travel insurance and variable holiday. You will also benefit from great training and development, with support to achieve your career goals.