21 days ago
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Project Engineer to support the delivery of the Mountsorrel development project. This exciting and challenging role is a key member of the Assett team and will have responsibility for the safety of site staff and contractors delivering the project within a CDM environment. You will support the project management team in ensuring the project is managed safely, within budget and to the timescales set by the business unit.
If you are looking for the next step to develop your engineering and project management skills and to manage future and complex projects, then this could be the ideal role for you.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting to the Project Manager at Mountsorrel Quarry you will work closely with the key stakeholders across the Assett team such as the Head of Asset Management, Senior Manager Assets and the Fixed Assets Team. You will operate closely with the Operational Management Team MSQ and Regional Director and Area Director together with the Capital Procurement manager & Capital Finance Manager.
You will be responsible for:
* Supporting the safe delivery of the £36m Mountsorrel primary development ensuring the project is managed with zero harm and to achieve budget, program, and objectives (such as RONA, OEE, SEC…) in a safe and professional manner
* Ensuring that projects are designed to achieve the lowest cost of ownership possible
* Identifying opportunities for cost saving in projects and develop innovative solutions
* Drive forward implementation and ensure compliance with best practice engineering procedures
* Accountable for ensuring that projects are fully compliant with the Tarmac policy and appropriate standards and legislation
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate will have a good understanding of CDM 2015 Regulations and be able to proactively manage the Client/Principal Contractor relationship. They will also:
* Be able to develop relationships with key Stakeholders both internally and externally with an emphasis on liaison with the Quarry Team
* Demonstrate their Project Management Competencies and have knowledge of Concrete, Aggregate, Asphalt and Sand and the Gravel Process together with Site Skills
* Have excellent Drawing Skills, Process Design, Project Management including Estimating/Scoping and Contract Placement and Management
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
* Bonus scheme
* Enhanced holiday entitlement
* Contributory pension scheme
* Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
* Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
* Training and development opportunities