5 months ago
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
• Updating the Project Manager & Account Director on key engineering issues, and leading & helping to resolution at all stages
• Leading the integration & review of design with designers & delivery teams.
• Attending IDC/IDR Design meetings
• Manage the documentation delivery timescales
• Raising TQ as Required and ensuring the Latest Designs are issued and controlled
• Accountable for pulling together the Handover documentation for allocated works of responsibility.
• To support with the Post installation processing of the as builts and ensure that the records of installed works is up to date.
• All activities to be carried out in line with all relevant Standards and in compliance with design & specifications.
What will this role involve?
Whilst supporting a portfolio of large rail construction projects, including a significant depot build scheme due to complete late 2021, the key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Work as directed by the Account Director within the areas you are assigned too.
• Carry out analysis, prepare plans/programmes, detailed site surveys, review or check Particular Specification, designs or estimates, undertake site visits and progress work as directed.
• Attend Meetings as required by Project Manager and Account Director
• Other Engineers / CREs to discuss processes and improvements (monthly) Discuss all construction and constructability issues with the construction team
• Support the CREs in ensuring that the Quality Processes are being followed within their route section.
• Ensure liaison with other disciplines.
• Follow all safety critical processes are followed (track handback / CRT / OLE handback / form E etc)
• Refer any Design issues to the CRE or raise TQ as required
• Refer non-compliances to the standards & Designs and all technical issue to the CRE.
• Ensure timely production and communication of reports, including the submission of technical documents for the Health and Safety file.
• Attendance at planning, progress and technical meetings as directed
• Attendance at engineering and technical briefing as directed
• Attendance at all training and induction courses as directed
• Assist in audits as directed
• All foreseeable risks are identified and suitably mitigated
• Achieve zero technical non-compliances and corrective actions under external technical audit
What are we looking for?
• Degree or equivalent qualification in relevant engineering subject
• Signed off CRE (Design and Construction strong preference)
• Experience of multi-discipline construction projects within the railway infrastructure.
• Understanding of the Railway Operating Environment
• Health & Safety Training (IOSH)
What makes this role unique?
You will be go-to expert for all technical components on a variety of multi-disciplinary rail projects as part of a wider upgrade in the region.