4 months ago
Main Purpose of Role
To supervise and manage a team of engineers in the delivery of a diverse programme of project works. Providing support to the project management and site team on all matters of a technical nature.
* Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
* Supervise and manage a team of Site Engineers, Assistant Engineers etc.
* Rostering of engineers to various projects and sites in accordance with business needs.
* Mentoring and development of Graduate and Apprentice Engineers.
* Ensure accurate setting out of the works and dimensional control for all sites allocated.
* Resolving technical problems at all levels.
* Be a lead point of contact with the relevant Contractor’s Responsible Engineer, ensuring that any changes to design are properly approved by the client before being implemented.
* Ensure all sites carry out inspections in accordance with the approved Inspection and Test Plan in a timely manner.
* The production of survey information and red–line drawings to enable the completion of the as-built records.
* Ensuring activities are carried out in safe manner in accordance with the approved Construction Phase Plan (CPP), Work Package Plan (WPP) and Task Briefing Sheet (TBS).
* Accurate maintenance of Quality Management System records.
* Ensure equipment is calibrated, in date and suitable checked in accordance with company policies and the manufacturers’ defined requirements.
* Ensure a site diary is accurately maintained by each engineer, noting against each record the date, location and serial number of equipment used.
* Ensure construction operations are carried out in accordance with the contract requirements using the appropriate agreed procedures.
* Ensure that only competent personnel are used to carry out the Works. Policies the outputs to confirm that the required level of quality is maintained.
* Co-ordination and supervision of sub-contractors in the performance of the Works.
* Informing senior management of any non-conformances or poor workmanship. Ensure formal logging of non-conformances by means of the appropriate company process.
* Ensure all site personnel have clear, accurate and appropriate information to carry out their duties.
* Minimise environmental disturbance during construction works.
* Close liaison with the Site Managers and Project Managers.
* Ensure that only the latest issue drawings and documents are being used.
* Ensure all materials on site are suitable, stored in line with manufacturer’s recommendations current working practice, contract specification or project requirements.
* Assist the Site Management team to update KPI’s, material reconciliation and progress reports.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* Significant construction experience.
* Significant engineering experience in a rail environment.
* Wide understanding of Setting Out and Surveying techniques using a range of equipment.
* Experience of managing and supervising teams.
* Wide range of IT Skills – MS Office, CAD, Microstation.
* GPS Surveying.
* PTS Trained.