about 1 year ago
Civil - Project Engineer - Full Project Lifecycle
Location: Near Bridgwater, Somerset
Engagement type: Permanent basis
Salary: £NEG – Speak to the team about your expectations
Offering fantastic job stability in a construction market that has seen too many casualties in the last few years, Laing O’Rourke have an excellent opportunity to join our flagship project in Somerset. Develop your career on one of the largest engineering projects in Europe. Working as part of the civil delivery team in our new engineering position for Laing O'Rourke, one of the UK’s most advanced, and innovative, engineering and business services specialists.
Working with innovative and diverse teams the opportunity to work on one of the UK’s biggest infrastructure projects should not be missed. The opportunity will enhance your skill set and be a good challenge for any engineering professional who wants to learn, innovate and deliver complex works in civil engineering.
Scope of Work: Packages £20m - £80m in methods, preparation, pre-planning, delivery, materials on heavy civil packages.
What to expect in this role and what you can develop to enhance your career. A full description can be provided upon request.
* Method statements, risk assessments, task sheets and procedures, environmental procedures.
* Assisting engineers with dimensional control, spatial control, quality and innovation.
* Change management such as request for design change, sub-contractor checks, procedural changes and technical information.
* Information for the correct procurement of materials and services.
* Set up systems for managing materials approval, testing, product and plant.
* Assist all engineering levels with construction methods and practice.
* Able to advise and manage temporary works including design briefs and best methods.
* Utilise 4D design process to support preferred construction methods and build ability.
* Determine the best solutions to engineering problems.
* Overall responsibility for the technical aspects of the work packages.
This is the type of project which offers a large variety of work packages and the opportunity to control and grow your remit, greatly benefitting your career development.
We are committed to extensive training, development and long-term career opportunities and as such this role is suitable for a committed professional who is seeking a long-term career options on challenging projects.
You will be rewarded with leading company benefits that only a global business can offer as well as a competitive remuneration package. You will be based at our site near Bridgwater on the live project.
Apply now to join our leading organisation and grow your career. The role is offering stability, a diverse workplace, a chance to innovate, support to your career development and excellent benefits. Not to mention the life experience of working on one of the biggest projects in Europe.
About the Company:
With a heritage spanning over 160 years, Laing O’Rourke is an internationally focused engineering enterprise with world-class capabilities. We operate an integrated business model comprising the full range of engineering, construction and asset management services delivering single-source solutions for some of the world's most prestigious public and private organisations.
Committed to a sustainable future, Laing O’Rourke is re-thinking the way the built environment is designed, delivered and operates - collaborating with world-leading industry and academic partners, bringing innovative new solutions, ensuring the most efficient long-term engineering solutions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.