over 2 years ago
Requisition ID :2021-83148
Work Location :GB-Aberdeenshire-Aberdeen
Department / Discipline : Project Engineering
Position Type : Fixed Term
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Oil & Gas
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
* Supports delivery of engineering excellence in their assigned project(s) through coordinating and deliveringthe engineering for an assigned project scope(s) to schedule and in accordance with applicable procedures,specifications and standards.
* Coordinates a series of activities performed by engineers and designers from one or more
engineering disciplines to support the timely issuing of engineering deliverables to meet project
* Monitors and supports compliance with quality, HSE and assurance standards
* Undertakes basic schedule preparation, planning and resource forecasting for engineering activities
relating to the project
* Ensures accurate and timely delivery of work, to the satisfaction of both internal and external
* Alerts Project Manager in the event of potential delays or change; supports implementation of
* Coordinates and assures technical excellence of interdisciplinary project deliverables
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
* Coordinates discipline input to deliverables including Process/Utility Flow Diagrams, Engineering
Flow Diagrams and, Line Lists, Equipment Lists, Special Piping Item Lists and Requisition Index.
* Able to coordinate input of a single engineering discipline within more than one office location
Quality, HSE and Assurance
* Develops a working knowledge of engineering standards and procedures; participates in key event gaining practical experience.
* Checks Health, Safety, Environment and Security (HSES) implementation by review against
standards, procedures, work practices and literature.
* Prepares straightforward project specific procedures under guidance.
Development and management of schedule
* Plans individual work activities and manages time; liaises with disciplines to ensure timely receipt of comments.
* Fully understand the requirements of the project schedule and hold regular reviews.
Expedite Engineers to deliver to schedule, fully understand reasons for delay and assist in
developing recovery plans.
* Alerts more senior project engineering personnel in the event of potential delays or change
* Understands the requirements for Design Reviews.
* Participates where required by procedure and ensure that relevant groups satisfactorily close
* Supports implementation of approved changes.
* Coordinates work of technical professionals in the delivery of engineering deliverables, does not
have ongoing line management responsibility. Coordinates small team (typically <10); develops
skills of leadership with support from manager.
* Communicates with line managers highlighting issues and deficiencies
Skills / Qualifications
ISCED Level 6/ Bachelor’s (minimum) degree or Level 7/ Masters (preferred) in an engineering
Knowledge, skills and experience:
Experience in a relevant engineering project environment
Intermediate understanding of technical work scopes, key dates and milestones.
Familiar with multi discipline activities to coordinate the project engineering activities.
Understands and knows how to apply the procedures and work practices which define and
govern Project Engineering deliverables
Understands the importance of Project Engineering deliverables and the need for accuracy and
Commercially astute and aware of the importance of Change control.
Has a developing knowledge of standards, procedures and work practices; follows project
execution flow chart; developing skills in project and technical execution.
Able to coordinate activities of small team; begins to develops skills of leadership
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.