10 months ago
Title : Project Engineer
Requisition ID :2019-35821
Work Location :GB-Warrington
Department / Discipline : Project Management
Position Type : Agency / Contract
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Engineer with extensive experience in the nuclear industry.
About Wood Nuclear:
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
Management of work packages/systems and support to the BEP JV Management Team in the successful delivery of the BEP project for the client.
* To co-ordinate the delivery of multi-discipline work packages including engineering design, procurement, construction and commissioning activities for Plant Areas or Systems through all phases of the project,
* To assume ‘cradle to grave’ accountability for a work package, ensuring all changes are identified and managed, and configuration control is maintained,
* To lead the package team to ensure key project milestones are met in accordance with timescale, budget and quality targets,
* To inform and assist Project Management in identifying resources required to deliver the work scope, ensuring resource levels are sufficient, realistic and achievable,
To act as key contact for and manage interfaces with external suppliers and design houses engaged on the packages, according to contract.
Skills / Qualifications
* Experience of managing packages of work on EPC projects or similar,
* Proven track record of successfully working on NEC3 projects,
* Qualification in Project Management preferable,
* Experience and demonstrated abilities of working as part of a collaborative team, in a multi-discipline environment.
* Experience in Mechanical and EC&I services.
* Experience within nuclear sector*
Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Understanding of planning software such as Primavera P6 an advantage.Hold a minimum HND or equivalent.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.