9 months ago
This is a superb opportunity for you to join of one of the industry's foremost tunnelling and civil engineering consultancies, based from our London office.
We are seeking to locate a technically strong, commercial, contractual and risk aware Project Director to undertake the technical lead on major, large diameter tunnelling design projects in the UK and overseas. You will have the ability to effectively lead a project team, make decisions, assume responsibility and communicate effectively at all levels. You will have experience of controlling projects from concept through to completion and have a broad range of management skills, with the ability to visualise the bigger picture, think and act quickly and effectively.
Requirements: knowledge, skills and experience required:
* You will have MSc / MEng in civil engineering
* Ideally, you will be a chartered civil or structural engineer (CEng, MICE, MIStructE) although serious consideration will be given to candidates with proven experience in a similar capacity
* You must have proven experience of leading multi-disciplinary project teams on major large diameter tunnelling projects
* You will have demonstrable experience of working on highway tunnelling schemes and have familiarity with Highways England requirements and standards or comparable national governing body standards
* You will possess demonstrable experience of working within the design sector for either a consulting engineer or contractor
* You will be familiar with UK codes or equivalent Eurocodes, have a sound understanding of CDM Regulations & risk assessment process
* You will have proven business development and client relationship building skills, will be able to lead bids and tenders and oversee the commercial and contractual elements of a project
* You will have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
* Experience of subsea / immersed tunnels would be advantageous
As the Project Director, you will have ultimate responsibility for projects assigned to you including business development, bids / tenders, client liaison, health and safety and commercial / contractual control. You will manage and direct a project team, will be accountable for the full profit and loss of the projects ensuring that the projects are delivered on time, to the client's satisfaction and within the budget constraints. You will act as the leader for all technical elements, giving advice to the client and their representatives whilst also leading and managing a project and design team.
The role will offer you significant opportunities to work on some of the sectors high profile and technically challenging projects in the UK and internationally.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
* Leading and mentoring a team of engineers, designers and support staff
* Managing commercial, contractual and budget requirements
* Business Development and client liaison
* Overseeing / producing the project plan, ensuring compliance with CDM regulations and all Health and Safety legislation
* Environmental requirements
Remuneration & Benefits
COWI UK Limited is an equal opportunities employer and believe in rewarding our staff for their commitment and hard work. You will therefore receive a basic salary that will match your skills and experience, coupled with:
28 days holiday plus bank and public holidays
Private health care scheme
Life assurance (4 x salary)
Pension scheme with generous employer contribution
Cycle to work scheme
Flexible working arrangements (details available on request)
Long service award of extra pension contributions paid for by the Company and one extra holiday day after 5 years of service
Employee ownership through COWI share programme