about 1 month ago
Project Director, Highways (zero hours) - (BI 0004W5)
Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and consultancy services for industrial, commercial and government organisations globally.
With more than 77,000 people globally, our teams collaborate, innovate and create. Our people are proud to have been behind some of the greatest consultancy and engineering feats over the past 70 years.
We foster a collaborative and inclusive environment for our people, and our partners, and we want you to be a part of our growing business.
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts.
Jacobs has an enviable reputation in the Highways UK infrastructure consultancy sector as a result of a portfolio of high profile projects with clients that include Highways England (HE), Transport Scotland, Welsh Government, national and regional contractors and several significant Local Authorities. Our plans to add to this portfolio continue apace regionally and nationally.
Recent successes and key prospects include:
Delivery position on Highways England £1.5bn Smart Motorways Programme (3 commissions to date)
Framework contracts with local authorities including Birmingham City Council, West Midlands Highway Alliance and Warwickshire County Council
Highways England Roads Investment Strategy (appointed for three regions)
A40 D&B tender design is imminent
Junction designs for A465 Sections 5 and 6
Pipeline of small-medium D&B projects
Designs for windfarm access roads and local road junction improvements
We also provide professional services through our strategic alliance with Ringway Jacobs delivering to local authorities throughout England under long term contracts. This includes a range of schemes from minor municipal projects to major projects exceeding £100m.
As a Project Director, you will have people management responsibilities and will be the lead on a diverse range of projects. Responsibilities will include:
* Leadership, growth and development of the regional highway team adding value to the established national and international capability;
* Preparation of proposals and designs at feasibility, optioneering, planning and detailed design stages;
* Identifying and leading on added value, sustainable engineering and Lean initiatives relating to Highways;
* Providing technical direction to design engineers, graduates and technicians;
* Liaison with clients, contractors and third parties;
* Interfacing with other Jacobs disciplines and offices such as Highway Structures, Technology, Geotechnical, Rail, Transport Planning, and Environmental;
* Resolving technical issues as they occur and monitoring progress in your areas of responsibility;
* Managing project delivery including financial management and monitoring;
* People/team management and local recruitment;
* Client Relationship Management at all levels in client organisations.
* A Bachelors or Masters degree in Civil Engineering;
* Chartered Member of ICE or equivalent;
* A leading approach to health and safety in all things
* Experience in the highways sector including the delivery of HE projects;
* Experience of liaising/negotiating with client representatives and staff at a senior level;
* Thorough understanding and practical application of the DMRB
* Good working knowledge of different contract types and procurement options including but not limited to NEC3.
* Able to produce well-presented and technically accurate reports;
* Workload and resource management skills;
* Capability to oversee tasks and costs and deliver programmed work on time and under budget including adoption of EVA techniques;
* Good IT and presentation skills;
* Experience of motivating and driving delivery teams;
* Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills
* Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice Experience of managing multi-disciplined projects being delivered by teams at various geographical locations both within the UK and overseas
* Strong evidence of Continued Professional Development within technical specialism.
* Experience and knowledge in the use of BIM for electronic storage and use of data
* Experience of ECI or Design and Build projects;
* Experience of construction supervision;
* Knowledge of HE CDF;
* Knowledge of local authority interfaces;
* PRINCE2 Accreditation;
* Recent experience of Highways England Major Projects;
* Health and Safety training in the infrastructure sector
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go ‘BeyondZero’ by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
: United Kingdom-United Kingdom Countrywide-Glasgow
: Apr 30, 2019, 2:52:43 PM