7 months ago
Requisition ID :2019-39159
Work Location :GB-Berkshire-Reading
Department / Discipline : Project Management
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Oil & Gas
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Director to join our team in Reading. Wood has a strong portfolio of major capital projects and we currently have exciting opportunities to support this work. The successful candidate will be based in our Reading office in the UK, which is the Wood Centre of Excellence for Capital Projects.
Given the range of current and potential projects, execution experience of Major FEED or EPCm for Petrochemical, Refining or Onshore Upstream greenfield projects is important. Experience covering Middle Eastern projects is also preferred but not essential.
* Drive HSSEA culture and performance, ensure it is understood and implemented by all assigned project personnel.
* Accountable for management of large complex projects, or sub-projects within a larger project
* Act as the primary contact with Wood’s Client and maintain satisfactory relations with them. Manage client expectations
* Achieve schedule, performance, cost, quality, health, safety and environmental requirements of the project from contract award to Client’s acceptance.
* Achieve budgeted Contract Profit
* Identify the objectives for the project in accordance with the contract terms, scope of work and Wood Policy. Communicate them clearly to the project team, department heads and Client
* Responsible for the identification, mitigation and management of risk on the assigned project. Ensure that the risk management process is followed, and the risk register maintained as a live document throughout execution.
* Negotiate all contract changes with the Client
* Monitor and expedite account receivables for the project
* Maintain cost awareness of all project personnel throughout the project execution.
* Positively encourage and support the project’s agreed workshare strategy, supporting other Wood execution centres and representing Wood as an integrated and collaborative business to our Clients
* Responsible for timely issue of the project Monthly Progress Report. Critically review all inputs and ensure it meets contract requirements for timing and content
Skills / Qualifications
* Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering, or demonstrable experience in Project Management within the Oil and Gas Sector.
* Strong project-based delivery experience; strategic thinking; oral and written communication skills
* (Preferable) Chartered Member of an appropriate Institute or Association
* demonstrable experience in the oil and gas industry
* Experienced in project execution of FEED, EPC/EPCm, PMC Capital Projects as Senior Project Manager or Project Director (for the Project Director post) or as Project Manager (for the PM posts)
* Familiar with the current application of computer systems to major capital projects and able to make decisions which optimise their use within budget, both to solve technical problems and to promote the effective management of information
* Broad understanding of the business drivers for oil and gas clients
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.