3 months ago
Job number: UK12779
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Project Management
Position type: Full Time
Job type: Permanent
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Project Director to join our UKCS Regional London team to work in London.
Initially you will be supporting the work winning team through the tendering and pre construction stages before following a successful bid out to site and managing the project through to completion.
* To lead, manage and successfully deliver projects within the business.
* To manage customer relationships, and retain customers by meeting and exceeding expectations.
What you'll be doing
As a Project Director, your main accountabilities will be as follows:
* Lead the project team and manage the supply chain to deliver projects to time, cost and quality targets and standards
* Ensure safety targets and standards are maintained
* Ensure sustainability targets and standards are achieved
* Manage commercial and business risk to achieve targets
* Understand the relevant Contract terms and conditions for each project
* Proactively manage the customer relationship during delivery, including change and decision making to effectively manage expectations, and maintain long-term relationships
* Assist in procuring work by maintaining and developing industry contacts and liaising with Business Development
* Monitor and approve cost targets and financial forecasts to maximise profitability
* Ensure external consultants (e.g. design) are rigorously managed to enable delivery – driving value, customer focus and achievement of the project’s objectives
* Ensure defects and any post completion issues to maintain a positive customer relationship and repeat business performance levels are managed
* Ensure the Company and Divisional procedures and policies are followed by the relevant teams, i.e. the Business Management System, including the Process Operating Model.
* Ensure effective records are maintained and kept for project delivery and regularly report on project progress, risks and issues to senior management
* Lead, manage and deliver operational excellence and efficiency
* Utilise BIM, where appropriate, and the supporting digital tool set to drive optimisation, safety and performance improvement throughout the whole project lifecycle
* Ensure that labour and materials are efficiently managed, where self-executing works and monitor expenditure in accordance with the agreed Project Schedule and budget
* If appropriate, maximise internal Balfour Beatty and CSUK trading opportunities
* Lead, develop and coach individuals to build high performing teams and create a pipeline of talent
Who we're looking for
The following qualities and experience are required:
* Significant previous experience in project management, in particular managing complex jobs, within the relevant industry is required
* The ability to communicate effectively is required in order to manage customer relationships, in addition to strong planning and organisation skills to deliver operational excellence and efficiency
* Strong leadership skills, including experience of leading teams and confidence in the ability to lead, influence and communicate with others to deliver targets are required
* Financial awareness is required to deliver targets, with a desire to continuously improve safety and sustainability performance
* An appropriate and valid CSCS card is required
* A relevant professional qualification, such as APMP, and a relevant technical qualification are desirable
* Experience of Lean Construction principles and Lean practitioner training are desirable
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.