12 months ago
Project Design and Delivery Manager
WYG is seeking a Project Design and Delivery Manager to support the Senior Programme Manager and consulting architectural and engineering teams to deliver high profile and complex engineering design projects for public and private sector clients. You will preferably come from an engineering or construction background and will have experience in design / project management with strong commercial skills. You will be working to deliver high profile and complex projects in sectors such as Education, Health, Science and Defence.
You will work face to face with project delivery teams to manage the delivery of projects on time, to budget and to the agreed level of quality whilst managing scope change and ensuring that risks are identified and managed appropriately.
You are likely to have a portfolio of projects to manage and will need to be able to manage your time appropriately. The role may also involve the management of WYG bid preparations and appointment documentation. Projects will be delivered from various WYG offices and you should be prepared to undertake some travel across the UK and Internationally, if required.
The Project Design and Delivery Manager will work with the Senior Programme Manager to provide support with daily tasks on aspects of bids, project initiation and design and project management of live projects.
Ideally this role would suit an ambitious, driven individual whom embraces the challenge of working within a high performing team. Some experience of Architectural, C&S and M&E design would be advantageous, with training provided as required.
Responsibilities will include:
* Managing the design and project management process using commercial, contractual, programme/time awareness and technical knowledge
* Providing regular progress reports and dashboards for the business unit on finance, operational performance, capability and compliance with policies and procedures
* Coordinating and administering bid submission packs, fee letters and appointment documentation
* Assisting with the management and motivation of internal staff at various levels and external consultants on projects to establish their full commercial contribution to the organisation
* Supporting projects to determine the required project team capacity, capability and competency of staff for the project(s)
* Organising and taking part in project challenge meetings, ensuring project plans are in place and kept updated
* Proposing and assisting with resource programmes for projects as well as coordinated design programmes
* Recognising and promoting best practice throughout the business unit and implementing functional and WYG group policies and procedures
* Identifying contractual, financial, technical and operational risks within tenders and recognising opportunities to minimise risk and maximise gross profit
* Hold an HND/HNC/Degree in a relevant subject
* Significant architectural / construction design experience
* An engineering consultancy or construction background
* A member of a professional body preferred, but not essential
* Experience managing the successful delivery of large and complex engineering projects and programmes, employing best practise project and programme management techniques
* Strong commercial understanding
* Comfortable using main forms of contract such as NEC, JCT as well as bespoke client contracts
* Capable using project management software such as MS Project
* A strong communicator who can work with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
At WYG we develop, design and deliver interdisciplinary projects that support a sustainable future; from technical solutions to complex challenges. Our teams connect across a project lifecycle, creating tailored programmes that address client needs and manage risk.
* We work alongside clients to develop their strategies and plans providing the services they need to unlock opportunities.
* We design for outcomes that realise value for clients and make a difference in communities
* From single projects to large-scale programmes of work we deliver against our client’s objectives and are adept at working in complicated or highly regulated environments
WYG is now part of the Tetra Tech group, a leading provider of consulting, engineering, programme management, construction management, and technical services. As part of the Tetra Tech team – 20,000 people in over 450 global locations – we can achieve more for our clients, through a wider alliance of services and industry expertise across our markets.
WYG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.