9 months ago
At CH2M, we are dedicated to tackling our clients’ toughest portfolio, programme and project challenges in order to achieve successful outcomes. We are a family of people excited to solve complex challenges that have a positive impact on the world and we are always looking for like-minded people to join the CH2M family.
Owing to expansion within CH2M’s National Governments Sector, we are currently recruiting for pioneering Project Controls Managers to join growing Defence Framework Teams operating across UK based locations.
We are seeking a Project Controls Manager who has a passion to work with our client teams to review, analyse, develop and improve the effectiveness of existing processes in relation to P3M delivery and transformational change. Assisting the client in their delivery of complex projects to time, cost and quality with a commitment to safety.
The Project Control Manager will provide P3M consultancy on site with client teams which will involve the delivery of project controls management, including strategic, tactical and operational analyses, to our client. The Project Controls Manager must be skilled at analysing trends, influencing and communicating outcomes and, with the support of client teams, implementing any change / improvements required.
The role is high profile undertaking complex planning activity whilst assisting the development of client teams through coaching, mentoring and knowledge transfer.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Provide project controls management, including baseline schedule development and management, performance status and reporting, baseline change control, risk management, earned value management guidance and tools
• Advise and consult on the application of effective planning techniques and controls (earned value, cost and schedule variance, estimates at completion, critical path analysis)
• Support and manage programme integration, governance, formats, plan optimisation, and project controls best practices
• Champion the development of project controls and ensure the application of project controls processes are consistently applied
• Manage governance to ensure robust cost and schedule performance for the agreed Scope of Work across integrated programmes managed across multiple suppliers
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Strong knowledge of the Defence industry.
• Able to operate autonomously, with authority, skilled in developing and building relationships
• Expert in the use of P3M practices and a specialist in the application of advanced planning tools
• Consultancy focus with a proven track record in delivery
• Able to identify client requirements and scope wider business opportunities
• Skilled in the provision of coaching and mentoring
• Educated to Degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject
• Significant track record of successful work
• Earned Value Foundation (APMG)
• APMP - Certified Project Management Associate
• PRINCE2 – Practitioner
• Use of scheduling tools (P6 and/or MS Project)
Other Important Points:
• Preferable cleared to DV Level, minimum of SC level and be able to gain DV (CH2M can sponsor)
• Full UK Driving Licence
• UK deployable
Our Culture: Safety & health conscious, flexible working conditions, collaborative & friendly with regular social activities. We’re full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as individuals wanting to advance their career. We support and encourage our people to go through their professional qualifications. To get ahead we also have our JUMP network for aspiring junior to mid-level CH2Mers.
The CH2M Foundation is renowned for supporting and helping to nurture sustainable communities. We partner ‘Engineers without Borders’, ‘Water for People’ and ‘Bridges to Prosperity’. We’re STEM ambassadors. We promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering), we also have our own women’s engineering network to promote equality in our industry.
Take a look around our site to see some of the iconic projects we are involved in all around the world! Soon you could be part of award winning CH2M.
Developing People through Challenging Projects. CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This role is only open to applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK, CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.