4 months ago
Location: Crawley, United Kingdom
Thales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
The principle purpose of a Project Controller is to support the Project Management Team by providing an effective specialised Project Control including the provision of accurate, integrated and meaningful bid and / or project planning and reporting. This encompasses; monitoring, analysing and reporting for bid /project schedules to ensure that information is used in bid / project decision-making based upon the status of the most up to date schedule. The information provided to review and report the status of the bid / project must be based on auditable, controlled and managed data.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
* Maintain, develop & communicate the integrated bid / project plan in the designated planning tool set including all contract deliverable milestones, internal milestones, invoicing and sales milestones in accordance with the Thales Procedures.
* Monitor the integrated set of bid / project schedules, costs, and resources in accordance with the company timetable, procedures and working practices and cost structure and Work Break-down Structure including the production of the monthly project reports
* Undertake and coordinate the formal update of bid / project schedules, interdependencies, resource allocations budgets and financial status.
* Generate the overall critical path across the integrated set of bids / projects and reconcile issues, making recommendations to assist in the recovery of slippage, where applicable.
* Undertake Earned Value calculations, where applicable, to support bid / project performance forecasting.
* Analyse resource profiles resulting from the monthly schedule update process and make recommendations to reconcile resource loading anomalies ahead of the Forward Load extraction.
* Undertake all baseline and change control activities associated with the schedules including regular local archiving of the associated database(s).
* The role will also involve occasional ad-hoc duties that are not listed above but are necessary to respond to the needs of the business. These ad-hoc duties will be consistent with the nature of a Project Planner position within Thales.
* Support the deployment & reporting of Risk & Opportunity Management
* To support the project contract review
* To ensure the correct and effective Project Governance is applied
* To ensure all Project activities undertaken comply with the relevant Thales Chorus processes
Skills, experience and qualifications:
* The ability to interpret the requirements of projects for a project control service and to effectively apply the correct processes and tools to ensure the effective delivery of the service
* The ability to provide accurate and up to date project control information to decision-makers in the Project Management Team
* Experience of providing a bid / planning and project controls service within a medium to large organisation. The experience is required to demonstrate;
* A thorough understanding of planning techniques – for example; the application of critical path analysis, work breakdown structures etc…
* A high level of proficiency in the use of project planning tools and standard business administration software.
* Commercial awareness that demonstrates useable knowledge of how conditions of contract are applied.
* A track record of excellence in progress Reporting and KPI Production.
* A positive attitude combined with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills.
* Ideally experience of using Primavera P6.
* Use of EVM techniques and reporting methods
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!