8 months ago
About the Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think groundbreaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
Our Highways team in Norwich is expanding rapidly to meet the significant workload we have secured.
The Highways team is seeking Project Assistant Technicians with an interest in the Highways Sector and in particular experience in technical administration to work in our Norwich office. The team is growing and offers excellent opportunities for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will be assigned to a dedicated team to provide technical admin support to aid the team in the delivery of highway design schemes
A typical week would include:
* Providing utility information and carrying out NRSWA C2 / C3 enquiries to the design team. CAD work – e.g. tying in surveys to OS map, providing site location / diversion plans, any contract / construction drawings that need doing.
* Dealing with public enquires whether by telephone, using the PEM system, emails or letters. Assisting with letter drops and public consultations.
* Updating spreadsheets on Excel in particular entering information with regards to Pain / Gain shares, updating of Project Outputs and determining lead-in times.
* Competent knowledge of forecasting and updating of SMIS.
* Inputting works orders
* Helping colleagues with processes – SMIS, Oracle, forms and documents from IMS.
* Competent in issuing Contract documentation, Health & Safety files promptly and in good time before Structural Maintenance or Highway Improvements scheme commences work on site.
* Setting up scheme files, hard copies and electronically.
* Dealing with general day to day administration – telephones, filing, archiving, general office organisation.
* Providing support to designers with regards to site surveys and technical duties. Helping with setting up of surveying equipment, checking levels, assisting with topographical sites and drainage systems.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Civil Engineering qualifications/experience desirable but not essential
* Experience in Technical Administration
* A full and clean drives licence required
* Computer literate (MS Office)
* Previous experience using AutoCAD desirable
* Fluent spoken and written English 5 GCSE’s including English and Maths and an interest in Civil Engineering
What if we can?
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 43,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.