5 months ago
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Power Systems Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you’ll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Programme Manager in Peterborough. This is a key role in our business to develop and implement supply chain strategies, creating solutions that are efficient and effective from a cost, process and people perspective.
This is the perfect role for you if you are looking for a business that will empower you to make change and where you will be an influential figure in a multi-national business.
Your impact will be seen in these and other ways:
* Develop and implement projects of varying complexity and size, focusing on cost optimization and increasing effectiveness of supply chain processes across multiple sites within Europe.
* Lead multiple projects from inception to completion; facilitating project planning sessions with internal stakeholders to determine the scope and objectives of each project; works with business stakeholders to establish project performance goals; designs project plan, develops timeline, identifies project milestones, and tracks performance against performance goals and timeline.
* Control the project schedule using the recommended project management tools and processes to drive completion within the agreed timeline.
* Interpret and apply understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
* Manage project risk; uses quality tools to identify areas of risk; works with others on the team and outside the team to identify alternatives or solutions.
* Document and share team learnings with other teams; draws on other project team experiences to enhance the success of the project.
To be successful in this role you will need:
* Examples of projects you have worked on where you have stream lined processes and optimized costs, ideally within supply chain or procurement but other arenas will be considered.
* Experience in LEAN techniques and ability to roll out in a practical environment
* To be data driven with a strong attention to detail
* The ability to coach and mentor others with a focus on encouraging high performance.
* A proactive approach with a focus on achieving key deliverables.
* To be an influencer of change, institutionalizing a culture of simplification and standardization.
* A natural problem solver, using Root cause analysis tools to create strategic corrective action
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
* College, university, or equivalent degree preferred but not essential.
* Lean six sigma background would be preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
* Salary between £45 - £47,000 depending on experience
* Defined contribution pension scheme - company contributions up to 9%
* Annual bonus plan - target 8%(based on company performance)
* Private medical insurance
* Health cash plan - support toward medical, optical and dental costs
* Life assurance
* Health screening
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Employee discount scheme - covering 100's of retailers
* Family friendly holidays
At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and we are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally. No employee or potential employee will receive less favourable treatment because of any protected characteristic.