8 months ago
Programme Manager - RAF Fairford / Swindon
WYG is one of the leading consultancy providers to the Defence sector where we use our skills, processes and knowledge to provide industry leading services to our clients. This is an exciting opportunity for a Programme Manager to support a major Defence Infrastructure programme.
As the programme manager, you will be responsible to the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) for the day to management and coordination of numerous infrastructure projects at RAF Fairford being delivered on behalf of the United States Visiting Forces. You will be managing a small WYG programme team supporting and coordinating a number of project teams to deliver the client’s outcomes and provide assured information to enable the client to make informed decisions.
The role is based at RAF Fairford and our offices in Swindon, with occasional travel to RAF Wyton and other sites.
You will bring to this role a dynamic, enthusiastic and professional approach. You will have strong leadership and stakeholder management skills and will have a 'Completer-finisher' approach to tasks and outcomes. You will have excellent spoken and written communication skills and excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and Scheduling tools. The excellence you demonstrate will promote the professional, dependable image that is fundamental to your and WYG’s future success.
Due to the nature of our work in the defence and government sectors, you will be required to hold or gain an MOD SC security clearance.
The specific requirements of the role are as follows:
* Responsible for the delivery of the Sub-Programme at P50 schedule confidence within the Customer Agreed Delivery Date (CADD), within budget and to the required quality standards.
* Lead and manage the Sub-Programme Management Team on a day to day basis.
* Deliver the Stakeholder Engagement Strategy (SES) with reference to the Sub-Programme's primary stakeholders.
* Produce and maintain the Sub Programme Management Plan (SPMP) bi-annually or as an when projects are on boarded (Check plan for this information)
* Develop and present viable recovery options. Where appropriate a preferred recommendation is to be presented to the Programme Director for approval. Following approval, the Sub-Programme will be responsible for the resourcing, implementation and management of the recovery plan including monthly reporting on progress against plan.
* Prepare Briefing Notes to DIO Area Heads as and when the DP becomes aware of delivery related issues on sub programme activities and active and in-flight projects.
* Provide suitable necessary representation, sufficient to provide expert advice on the schedule, cost and quality status of the projects within the Sub-Programme.
* Provision of Management, Control and Assurance in accordance with UIP Change Control Strategy for the on-boarding of pipeline projects.
* Arrange, Co-chair and record initial project on-boarding Project Assurance Groups.
* With the Employer, ensure that a consistent suite of Sub-Programme Key Performance Indicators and other Key Performance Metrics for use with the Construction Partner/s and Other Suppliers/Sub Consultants are developed.
* Prepare and submit a Learning from Experience Management Plan to the DIO Governance and Engagement Team.
* Manage WYG finances and reporting in accordance with WYG procedures.
* Other duties as directed by DIO or the Programme Director.
At WYG we develop, design and deliver interdisciplinary projects that support a sustainable future; from technical solutions to complex challenges. Our teams connect across a project lifecycle, creating tailored programmes that address client needs and manage risk.
* We work alongside clients to develop their strategies and plans providing the services they need to unlock opportunities.
* We design for outcomes that realise value for clients and make a difference in communities
* From single projects to large-scale programmes of work we deliver against our client’s objectives and are adept at working in complicated or highly regulated environments
WYG is now part of the Tetra Tech group, a leading provider of consulting, engineering, programme management, construction management, and technical services. As part of the Tetra Tech team – 20,000 people in over 450 global locations – we can achieve more for our clients, through a wider alliance of services and industry expertise across our markets.
A rewarding future is yours at WYG. We are committed to supporting your personal aspirations and, with clear career paths and a wide range of opportunities, your goals will always be within reach. Our blended learning experience will help you to develop all the skills and qualifications that you need to succeed. Fantastic flexible benefits and personalised rewards make up an excellent package.
WYG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.