4 months ago
Title : Programme Manager
Requisition ID :2019-37414
Work Location :GB-Cheshire-Warrington
Department / Discipline : Project Management
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Nuclear is recruiting a Programme Manager with Decommissioning experience to join our organisation based in the North West of England. We are looking for candidates with a strong project management base but with the ability and experience to undertake up front scoping, business case authoring and programme generation with the subsequent management of benefit realisation.
About Wood Nuclear:
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
* Ensure that key stakeholder relationships are maintained at all levels
* Provide leadership, guidance and direction concerning all facets of the programme and its development / delivery
* Provide project management guidance and direction as may be required
* Mentor and support staff and their development objectives
* Participate in progress reviews with stakeholders
* Provide HSSE leadership and awareness by ensuring that all Wood and client requirements are implemented and followed including safe delivery of the work
* Ensure HSSE system compliance and conduct periodic reviews
* Ensure quality assurance system compliance and conduct periodic reviews
* Prepare monthly client and Wood project progress report and presentation
Skills / Qualifications
* Prior Programme Management and decommissioning experience
* Post graduate industrial experience.
* Experience in regulated industries.
* Willingness to travel as the role develops
* Ability to manage complex stakeholder relationships
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Functional management, leadership and teambuilding skills.
* Strong HSE awareness and commitment.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.