6 months ago
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
The Enterprise Delivery Team, part of Strategy, Delivery and Performance Directorate, are responsible for delivering a number of different portfolios relating to business change or physical infrastructure within the Enterprise Domain. Typically the team supports projects for internal customers: Sky Business, Sky News & Sports, and Engineering teams. Projects cover a range of domains and technologies: Wholesale, International, Broadcast, Datacentre, Security and Workplace projects.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too
As a Programme and Portfolio Manager you will be responsible for the successful initiation, control and closure of programmes and projects in line with the organisation’s methodology and procedures.
The overall purpose of the job is to ensure the successful delivery of complex end to end solutions to business problems. This will be achieved by managing the end to end lifecycle of a complex programme or a portfolio of projects impacting multiple business areas. The outcome will be new products/services or changes to existing products/services through the co-ordination with relevant business contacts and management of Technology resources.
Your key responsibilities:
- To manage an ongoing portfolio of projects and programmes through all relevant stages of the lifecycle.
- Pipeline management and budgeting forecasts.
- Initial scoping and cost, resource and duration estimation of projects and programmes working with the relevant delivery teams and stakeholders.
- Resourcing and management of project managers on a matrix or direct line management basis as required.
- Supporting business approvals processes for projects and programmes.
- Establishing and improving appropriate governance models.
- Sponsor and stakeholder management across the portfolio including regular management reporting.
- Oversight and resolution of the escalation of issues affecting the portfolio.
- Ownership of operational handover and operational models supporting new product or capability introduction.
- Ensuring benefits are realised and facilitating business decisions to achieve positive outcomes.
- Identification and implementation of considered improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness for Sky in delivering the portfolio through the use of post project reviews, KPI tracking and introduction of repeatable process simplification or industrialisation.
- Significant programme management experience (10 years) on large scale or complex programmes (typically £2m plus)
- Relevant experience in a fast paced industry where IT operates as a strategic partner
- Previous experience in Telecomms, in particular Broadband &/or fixed telephony, especially in the areas of OSS/BSS and a track record of delivery Broadband /telephony products.
- Programme Management and associated methods and tools
- In-depth knowledge of full programme lifecycle
- Broad business knowledge including commercial, financial and technical awareness
- Significant experience of delivering Technology projects through others and without direct control
- Proven previous experience in senior Stakeholder management and leading teams in a matrix environment
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better