about 1 month ago
Profuel Plant Operator
Working at Hanson is about being part of One Team. We operate around 300 manufacturing sites in the UK and employ over 3,500 people in a wide range of roles from production workers, plant operators, technicians and drivers to sales, IT, engineering and finance managers.
We are part of the HeidelbergCement Group, one of the largest building materials manufacturers in the world, employing over 45,000 people at 2,300 locations in 40 countries.
Our aim is to be a leading sustainable business and we are committed to being fair, respectful and inclusive and are an equal opportunities employer. We exceed customer expectations through an engaged team that is professional, responsible and reliable.
We believe in working safely and sustainably, focusing on a zero-harm workplace and our ambitious target to reduce our CO2 emissions by 50 per cent by 2030. Our employees understand that we do much more than just produce materials: we are vital to ensuring roads can be built and maintained; we manufacture the concrete foundations for buildings such as schools and hospitals; and we are part of major infrastructure projects that will shape the future of the UK
Description of Team / Department
Purpose of / Responsibilities of the role
* To operate mobile plant within Hanson rules and maintain kiln demand in an efficient manner without compromise to the safety and protection of personnel, environment, machinery, plant and production.
* Ensuring all environmental, health and safety, and Quality requirements are complied with
* To operate the equipment to supply fuel to the process in conjunction with the Profuel Plant Controller
* To prioritise and coordinate activities in order to meet the work objectives as defined by the Profuel Plant Controller
* To maintain a high level of housekeeping
* To rotate and monitor stock levels
* Communicate all relevant information to related colleagues and on-site functions
* To complete reports and associated documentation as necessary
* Co-ordinate material movement for best practise plant operation
* Assist shift Manager as required for any other Process related work
Skills / Experience
A strong focus on Health &Safety
High level of experience and competency on mobile equipment
Training or previous experience on fire safety and associated risks
Ability to prioritise tasks and improve efficiency
Demonstration of ownership and self-motivation
Good knowledge of location of equipment and operation of equipment
Awareness of safety and environmental issues and relevant training
Ability to work on a fast-paced environment
Excellent Remuneration and Benefits
* 27 days holiday
* Leading pension scheme offering with generous contributions from Hanson.
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more.
* Ongoing training and development and opportunities to help further your career.
* A comprehensive structured induction programme.
* Experience within a well-respected global market leader.
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Cycle to work, voluntary Life assurance.
* Access to discounted private medical benefits
* Paid day off to Volunteer every year
* Holiday Purchase Scheme
* Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
Full Time / Part Time: full time
Working Hours: 40.00 hrs
Contract Type: Permanent
Shift Description: 3 shift continuous- grade 4