12 months ago
* Take ownership and responsibility for the delivery of the project engineering needs for the business in accordance with agreed quality, budget and programme.
* Act as the Contractors Engineering Manager (CEM) for multi-disciplined or telecommunications projects.
* Act as the lead Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) for multi-disciplined projects.
* Coordinate the engineering output & delivery to ensure that it is fit for purpose, constructible and that the design integrates with all appropriate disciplines.
* Manage the engineering programme for projects.
* Manage & chair formal engineering reviews for projects including IDC/IDR.
What will this role involve?
* Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental issues are given the highest priority
* Be an ambassador of the Amey Values
* Implementing ‘EMMa’ (Amey Engineering Management Manual) on their project(s)
* Writing the Engineering Management Plan with particular reference to CSM - REA and CDM.
* Managing the Project Hazard /Risk Register.
* Conducting the initial Requirements review as detailed in WS01: Requirements Management
* For NR Projects: Receiving, or in the absence of, requesting the project specific Compliance Matrix from the nominated NR Requirements Engineer.
* For other Projects: creating a project scope specific Requirements Database that can be used as a Verification & Validation tool.
* Managing the interfaces, both inside and outside the project, between the disciplines and with other stakeholders
* On Network Rail projects, complying with the requirements of NR/L2/INI/02009: Engineering Management for Projects
* Develop, maintain and own client relationships in order to promote long-term relationships
* Day to day activities will be generally office based in either one of the Amey Consulting offices or other business division’s offices / depots
Experince / Qualifiation required
* Experience in Design Management
* CEM role 2 years
* CRE role 5 years
* A thorough understanding of Design Integration, including inter-disciplinary checks and ideally BIM / other forms of system modelling.
* Experience with construction processes desirable
* Experience in problem solving within a rail environment and developing solutions for build.
* Degree (or equivalent with significant experience) in Civil Engineering.
* Be a Chartered Engineer or working towards becoming such in the near future.
* Current knowledge and experience of developing railway solutions.
* Previously had experience of undertaking the role of CDM Co-ordinator.