12 months ago
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
* An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
* Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
* Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
* A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
* Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
* Buy As You Earn Scheme
* Save As You Earn Scheme
* Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
* Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
About The Job
About The Productivity team
The Productivity team is comprised of 16 regional Productivity managers, and an office based team of 3 Retail industrial engineers, a data analyst, project manager and team support role
We form part of the Operations Development team in the Retail Channels function. Every change to store operations and routines the UK business makes comes through our team for validation, measurement, change to stores hours/schedules and then executed with support of the regional team
The Role Productivity manager
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
Job purpose: Making every hour count for customers and colleagues to deliver great service at optimal cost
* Every hour used in the right place and time every week
* Reduce deviation & department variation to the operating model through improving underlying productivity measures
* Support roll out & embedding of all operating model change projects
* Building capability in management teams on the most productive way to deliver the best shopping trip
* Coaching store managers on the benefits of better scheduling accuracy and resource planning
* Support sustaining of all resource planning products (WSS, Oracle, Managing by hours)
* Reduce over-contracted stores’ financial risk (current and future)
* This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
You’ll need to have demonstrated experience of:
* Knowledge of the stores productivity model / ideal schedules and key drivers of workload/efficiencies
* Strong influencing skills and credibility with management teams
* Perform root cause analysis on performance issue stores
* Great coaching skills , varying style for all levels of management
* Strong communication skills on the how and why
* Able to prioritise work to deliver the biggest benefits
* Intermediate level Excel skills
* Able to translate complex data into a simple message to store management teams
* Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
* Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership
* Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the retail function
* Able to work remotely across a geographical area
About the Company
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we’re finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We’re driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world’s leading retailer.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.