11 months ago
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
The Customer Support role in the Quality team is responsible for processing individual customer warranty cases, customer complaints, resolving the root causes and for implementing corrective actions within internal processes in Design, Production and Maintenance organizations.
The role reports to the Quality Leader.
* Liaison with customer support team and interface to design, production and maintenance organizations
* Driving org initiatives for increasing process effectiveness and for reducing cost of warranties and cost of poor quality consequently
* Driving organizational process improvements across design, production and maintenance organizations resulting in increase in customer satisfaction
* Processing individual complains while implementing improvements as necessary
* Processing individual warranty cases while implementing corrective actions within internal processes
* Supporting standard operating rhythm and providing direct feedback from customers to individual teams and leaders (in PCC)
* Driving regular standard rhythm on customer and field events – regular dashboards and reviews with major customers (Lockheed, Bombardier, Aviall, Leonardo), with major operators (ANA, JAC, FlyBe, SpiceJet, Horizon Air) and with internal customers – GE Japan and Dowty Sterling USA
* Collecting and reporting complains and warranty to business leaders
* Quality oversight and quality guidance for 6 global off site locations directly supporting customers
* Chairing warranty board
* Experience attained in the aviation industry
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong customer focus
* Self driven
* Ability to resolve ambiguities
* Team player
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
* Proven experience in production quality and customer support
* Relevant college or university degree
* Experience and ability to carry out data analysis and statistical calculations
* Experience in Part 21G, Part 21J, Part 145
Locations: United Kingdom; Gloucester
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.