about 1 year ago
What's it like to work at OVO?
You will be joining the Production Engineering team whose mission is to ensure OVO’s software engineering teams have optimal conditions to build and operate high-performance, reliable, secure & scalable services.
This is a varied role where you’ll be exposed to the full technology stack, with assignments spanning deployment & infrastructure automation, SRE (site reliability engineering), performance engineering, release engineering and monitoring distributed systems, all with close collaboration with engineering teams.
As part of Tech Operations we want to create solutions that pave the optimal road for all teams to travel, enabling us to scale the freedom and autonomy OVO’s engineering culture is built upon.
* Engineer tools that improve production & deployment capabilities for all teams; solutions that provide scalable foundations to building high-performing services
* Work on defined assignments directly with teams that aim to give their operations a boost, leaving documentation and skills in place when you leave
* Contribute to on-call support as an escalation point, providing guidance & coaching to teams enabling a ‘you build it, you run it’ model
* Align with the rest of Production Operations in driving operational excellence & best practices around service performance, deployment, monitoring and availability
That sounds super exciting, but… Do I have what it takes?
We are looking for excellent software developers and are willing to take on those with little or no devops experience for a candidate with a passion to learn these new skills.
* Extensive software engineering and system design experience
* SRE knowledge and skills
* Distributed systems and data streaming architecture
* AWS / GCP experience at scale
* CD/CI tooling & continuous delivery best practices
* Network & Security knowledge
* Kubernetes and container orchestration
* Experience in scripting languages and automation practices
* Demonstrable experience across Devops skillsets in agile and XP environments
* Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
* Whilst experience is important, ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude; we see Production Engineering as a mindset
Additionally you will have…
* Ability to articulate improvements within software engineering for operational benefit
* Inquisitive and not scared of tackling difficult problems
* Rapid adoptee of merit-proven new approaches & technologies
* Problem solver / structured thinker
* Patient and tenacious
* Always happy to help and a natural sharer of knowledge