17 days ago
Location: Rotherham, Yorkshire
Reporting to: Business Manager
Hours of Work: Mon – Thu 8am – 5pm, Fri 8am – 4pm
WEC Group Ltd is looking to recruit an experienced and driven Sales / Estimating Manager to join our team at DNA Metalwork, part of the WEC Group based in Rotherham.
As Sales / Estimating Manager for DNA Metalwork, you will have the very latest in Fibre Laser Cutting technology, as well as one of the UK’s largest sites in terms of cutting and folding capacity at your fingertips.
With your sales skills and estimating expertise, you’ll be a key part of the plan to increase sales from £4m to £10m over the next 3 years.
You will be paid an excellent salary, plus many other benefits, but more importantly there is the chance for you to develop your career and make your mark in an ambitious and fast moving company.
Prior experience in a laser cutting / press brake / sheet metal fabrication environment is essential to be successful in the role, as you’ll need to be hitting the ground running from day one.
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for managing the estimating department, ensuring that the department delivers accurate and timely quotations in line with customer requests.
This will include:
* Tender bidding
* Tender evaluations
* Drafting tender documents
* Recognising business opportunities
* Strategically improving and developing a consistent approach to estimating policies and procedures
* Reviewing, negotiating and approving commercial agreements and documentation with customers
* Resolving contractual and commercial issues by providing direction to team
* Ensuring financial aspects and impact of a contract are clear to all parties
* Monitoring and prioritising departmental output to maximise tender conversion
* Analysing departmental financial performance: Tenders quoted, Orders Won, Conversion rate, Margin analysis by customer, sector, process and material type
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
* Ability to read and interpret customer engineering drawings
* Previous experience within a similar role, ideally within laser cutting, press braking and fabrication
* Experience and understanding of producing flat patterns from pressed profiles would be advantageous.
* Previous CAD experience desirable but not essential.
* Good communication skills with the ability to liaise with both suppliers and customers.
* 25 days holiday plus bank holiday
* Free car parking
* Cycle to work scheme
* UK healthcare scheme
* Company Pension Scheme
* Employee Benefit Loan Scheme