8 months ago
As Project Administrator your main role will be to provide comprehensive IT support in the form of document control, street works coordination, Health and Safety support, materials requisitions and re-directing general queries.
* Full-time, permanent employment, working hours: 9am -5:30pm.
* Based in North West London, London, London.
* Flexibility to Travel is critical, site-based activity will be mainly in the South-East region. Car/Car Allowance provided.
* Current project is based in Blindley Heath, Surrey.
* Professional development is at the heart of Murphy values.
Murphy is an infrastructure and civil engineering specialist operating in Rail, Power, Water, and Property for over 60 years. Our Water Business is operating nationally providing world-class infrastructure solutions to Thames water, United Utilities, Severn Trent, HS2, Bristol Water, South East Water, Wessex Water and Sutton & East Surrey Water. The Water Business has an annual turnover of c. £200 million.
The Project Administrator will be supporting the South East water projects and Sutton & East Surrey Water. This includes demolishing and replacing a sheltered reservoir for treated water to prevent contamination. The second project involves laying 4.3km of 800mm in diameter water pipes to ensure a second supply of water to Sutton & East Surrey customers in an ongoing resilience main works scheme.
The Project Administrator is an addition to the team due to new projects starting in the run in to Christmas. You would report into the Project Manager and work on-site and in the Murphy Head Office in North West London, London, North-West London.
* Document Control.
* Health & Safety administration to support the SHESQ Water Team.
* Street Works Coordination involving correct filing and maintenance of council permits and notices, maintaining the records and responding to queries and information from councils in a timely manner.
* Requisitions of materials for site based activity.
* Resolve internal and external customer queries.
* Provide high quality customer service in all communications with internal and external clients.
* Maintain accurate paper and computer-based records.
* Produce correspondence, documents and presentations to specification using a variety of media.
* Conduct financial duties, for example processing invoices or tracking costs.
* Order and maintain stationary and equipment supplies.
* Sign for all deliveries and distribute to the relevant people.
Skills & Experience
* Successful experience of working in a general administration support role and/or in a customer services environment.
* Previous construction industry experience – you will be working on-site 3-4 days per week.
* Microsoft packages including advanced Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
* Experience of Power BI would be highly desirable.
* Any previous experience of Aconex would also be desirable.
* Previous experience or basic understanding of document control duties would also be desirable.
* World class infrastructure specialists operating in the UK, Ireland and Canada.
* Specialists in Rail, Power, Water, Utilities, Construction and Property.
* We employ over 3,500 people across our business functions.
* Our Values: Never Harm, Always Deliver, Integrity & Respect, Continually Improve, ONE Murphy.
* Turn over c. £800 million per annum.