5 months ago
Product Owner - Software
Airbus Defence and Space Portsmouth
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Product Owner has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Portsmouth. The successful applicant will join our Secure Communications group.
The Product Owner will manage the user requirements for a next generation satcom management system software development. The new product provides unique capabilities for the next generation of secure satellite communication services and is an important part of the NMS product portfolio.
The product owner will hold the vision for the product and will be able to help motivate and drive the development team(s) to achieve this vision. The product owner will report to the development manager and will work closely to manage cost/schedule and features. The product owner will be pragmatic in there approach to backlog refinement, ensuring stories are prioritised and refined according to customer value. The product owner will have a good understanding of agile software developments and will work closely with the development team. Experience in using JIRA to manage the backlog is essential.
The successful applicant will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Management of the product backlog including backlog refinement and prioritisation in order to deliver a maximum product value in alignment with business needs.
* Multiple Stakeholder agreement on product features and prioritisation, representing the interests of these stakeholders to the development teams.
* Creates a product delivery map, showing milestones where key features are available. Using agile estimating process to forecast the schedule.
* Capturing user stories and working with SCRUM teams to ensure stories are delivered, ensuring the acceptance criteria is defined and agreed.
* Working with the Development Manager who is responsible for budget.
* Attending daily stand-up to answer any queries from the development team.
This role may involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for applicants with the following skills and experience:
* Degree level education
* Strong software development skill as a product owner
* Strong experience in JIRA for backlog management.
* Experience in forecasting delivery timescales within an agile environment.
* Knowledge of BDD within an agile environment.
* Ability to self-motivate and to work well within a team environment.
* Ability to promote innovation in self and others
* Ability to interact with internal & external stakeholders in a confident and professional manner
* Ability to deliver to quality, cost and schedule
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.