8 months ago
OVO’s vision is to deliver clean, abundant energy for everyone. We started out as a retail energy company with a belief that we could do energy better through fairer pricing, simplicity and unrivalled customer service. As we evolved it became clear that OVO could bring even more value to its customers, transitioning to a smart services company that would develop innovations in energy technology and propositions.
In the last two years we have made several acquisitions which enable us to offer grid balancing services, smart electric heat, vehicle to grid charging and exciting propositions for electric vehicles, in-home insurance and distributed storage systems.
All of this allows us to bring cheap, low carbon energy to our customers to power their lives, support the integration of more renewables onto the grid, and help balance the grid during peak times.
We are not a company driven simply by short term returns and profit, we believe in our responsibility to society and to the environment, and are determined that our business strategy and company behaviour reflects this commitment.
Where in the world of OVO will I be working and what will I be doing?
You’ll be working on our Payments team, one of the teams responsible for our new consumer energy platform.
We’re creating digital services which unlock the potential of smart meters and accurate energy usage data. We’ve built the basics: allowing customers to see their energy costs and handle their account, and we’re working our way towards the exciting opportunities offered by electric vehicles, storage batteries, and the connected home.
We’re building the future of our business and we’ve a lot to do. As Product Manager for the Payments team, you’ll be focusing on customers having a frictionless payments experience, ending their contract without an outstanding debt, and understanding how to get back on track if they are not paying the right amount.
Your key responsibilities will be:
* Owning the vision and roadmap for payments functionality within OVO Energy
* Using Agile methodologies to work with a cross-functional team to create great products
* Having commercial accountability for reducing bad debt and work with Billing and Collections to effectively align strategies
* Fulfilling the responsibilities of the Product Owner scrum role, including owning your team’s backlog and writing user stories and acceptance criteria
* Managing relationships with vendors and other third parties in your domain
* Keeping up to date with change and innovation in the payments industry
* Being accountable for the customer experience for your area, both digital and offline, as well as the business and operational processes that underpin them
* Using a data-driven approach to decision making, utilising validated customer feedback and insights as well as business metrics to make decisions
That sounds super exciting, but… Do I have what it takes?
* A degree from a top tier university
* Product management experience, preferably in Payments or Fintech
* An understanding of who your customers are and what problems they are trying to solve
* A passion for what you do and a drive to achieve your professional and personal goals
* Experience of managing multiple projects and stakeholders in a fast-paced, competitive environment
* The ability to demonstrate a wide-ranging sphere of influence - you have many strong cross functional relationships outside Product and Tech and can “bring the company with you”
* A strategic approach, ensuring your initiatives are closely aligned with wider business priorities and aspirations for the future
We believe in fueling human progress with clean and abundant energy for all.
We were set up to always find a better way and challenge the status quo: we want to be the good guys, find a way, and build something great. We embrace simplicity, transparency, and treating people and our planet fairly.
We understand that attracting and keeping the best talent is key to our bright future, so our people will always share in our success. Our benefits are pretty nice too.
We celebrate diversity and value equal opportunity; We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we decide employment on the basis of merit and potential.